1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grom/mini racing kentucky

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by josh7owens, Jun 1, 2017.

1. josh7owens

josh7owens E-Kart Champ

is there any grom or mini racing in Kentucky?

2. punchsponge

punchsponge Well-Known Member

Drive to Ohio / Penn and run with OMRL. Cheap, organized, safe, almost too much fun to endure. Plenty of people happy to help a new guy. Groms run with F3 now, but there are just about enough coming out for a designated class. Got smoked at the line by a Grom yesterday, so I've got an interest in you clowns getting your own class... :) https://omrlmoto.com/

3. josh7owens

josh7owens E-Kart Champ

Those tracks are 2.75-3.5 hours from me. The Pittsburgh one is 6 hours away. That's a option but was looking to see if there's anything closer.

How many people normally show up to each race? Seems I need a CRF100 lol

4. punchsponge

Depends on the class; grids can range from five or six to well over twenty. You're right, though, Stock Moto and F3 are the most popular classes. How long is your drive to the Herrin Compound? Maybe that's an option...

5. josh7owens

josh7owens E-Kart Champ

That's way away from me, like 7 hours. I'm messaging someone now about a stock 2005 crf100 for $850 they wanted $1000 but I could only get them to $850. I was thinking more like $750

6. punchsponge

You'd probably be better off in the long run buying a bike that's already built in the $1,200 neighborhood, but that sounds like a pretty good deal for a clean stock bike. If you're looking for something a little more GP, I've got an RS85 for sale on the OMRL Facebook page.