1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grips and fork drains

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Nodakgus, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Nodakgus

Nodakgus Well-Known Member

What is the definitive answer for safety wiring these two items? There seems to be scant posted about these but there are references to wiring them.

I am also not quite clear on prepping the coolant and oil lines. I have searched for detailed info but cannot find. Go easy on me, I am a newb at this stuff. :eek:

Thanks,
    Steve

P.S. There is excellent info on drilling and wiring (or silicone) the other places but little on the above.

2. ryanbabin526

ryanbabin526 Well-Known Member

Grips usually have a small recess at each end for the wire to slip into. All the wire does for the grip is to sinch it down tightly so it can't slide off. It's not like when you do bolts or other hard parts where the wire passes through a hole, so just make a wrap around the grip and then twist it with the pliers to tighten.

I don't have fork drains on my bike but I would imagine its just like wiring any other bolt where you wire it to a stationary point so it can't spin off.

Good luck

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Grips is purely personal preference. Fork drains are fine with a dab of silicone.