1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greek Style

Discussion in 'General' started by TSWebster, Jan 17, 2020.

1. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Going to Greece for a couple of weeks this summer. We would like to rent a cottage with easy access to a relatively *private* beach for a few days while we’re there. With the vast knowledge and experience available as a resource here on the beeb, I thought someone may be able to recommend a place they have actual knowledge about. Or not.

2. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Go here:
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Τ...f1507dfbe!8m2!3d39.0926843!4d23.0691406?hl=en

We also explored the Halkidiki (i think it was called) area and found this beach.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...ad79811bde!8m2!3d39.958208!4d23.3607692?hl=en

These areas are pretty secluded and laid back. Not alot of places to stay but there are some. Rent an air bnb or vrbo and a car. It's easy to drive around because all the major signs are in english also. We explored from Athens to Thessaloniki and back for two weeks and it was awesome.

3. G2G

G2G I feel the need

My dad is from there and we got married there a year and a half ago. Also spent another 2 weeks on our honeymoon there as we rented a motorcycle and rode all over. Greece is a big place and a lot of beaches any particular area you are looking to stay? Western greece is a lot cheaper as its not as populated and touristy as the islands like mykonos and santorini.

The first link cpettit posted is a spot we rode to and the roads and the beaches were beautiful. not a lot op people and great food. that whole peninsula is filled with private beaches especially the bottom portion greece1.jpg greece3.jpg 20180901_153613.jpg greece2.jpg

cha0s#242 and Phl218 like this.
  4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Did you hear about the little Greek boy who ran away from home but
    he just had to return? He couldn't leave his brothers behind.

5. TSWebster

We’ll be based out of Athens so the west side would work.

6. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

:moon:'s

7. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I thought this thread was going to be about 2XIDB and the wimmins that like that.

auminer, Phl218 and JBall like this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

keep in mind that Athens is a 24 hour town. There’s not a lot there. But it is excellent.

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I took a pic at almost that exact spot looking down the road at the sea when we were there. That area was one of the best parts of our trip.

G2G likes this.
  10. Phl218

Phl218 .

enjoy the ouzo. and the proper gyros.

11. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Come to Greece για να τη βρεις.

Tom Hanks likes this post

G2G and Phl218 like this.
  12. Ra.Ge. Raptor

BTW, I live here, pay me a visit :D

G2G likes this.
  13. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Just do Ikos.

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

You live in "can't be reached"? Niiiiiiiceeeeee

15. Ra.Ge. Raptor

That would've been a blessing. :D

Cannoli likes this.
  16. TSWebster

I tbought it was just me.

17. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Was in Athens and Lesvos and a few other islands two years ago for about 3 weeks. The people of Greece are just fantastic authentic characters. I cant wait to go back and explore more.

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I loved Greece when we went there. Prices were very reasaonable and the people were genuinely happy you were there spending money, possibly because of what they just went through?

We went right after they settled one of there financial crisis' in 2014-ish and actually brought extra cash, because the rumors were the banks and ATM machines might be shut down while we were there. It settled earlier the day we landed, so when we went to some plaza in Athens, we some the area we had seen on the news and there were still barricades up etc. but no protesting people.

19. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

Reported

motion and Cannoli like this.