1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grattan sold?

Discussion in 'General' started by hatman, Dec 27, 2005.

1. hatman

hatman Wounded Duc

Heard a rumor from a guy in Chicago that Grattan is the process of being sold to a real estate devloper for who intends to build houses there. Anyone else heard anything?

2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

That's odd, considering Sam's brother is making good money on the motocross track and all the other land that's probably available around Belding.

Hope it's not true.:mad:

3. TJ

TJ Livin in a bubble

Not unless Sam and his family had a serious change of heart in the last 4 years. I heard that he was offered a few million a couple years ago by a guy in Grand Rapids. At that time his reasoning was that 4 or 5 families live off Grattan. If you split the money after paying taxes it would NOT leave enough for everyone.

I just don't think the property would be worth more as a residential development then a race track. There is a housing surplus in Michigan right now, and most developers are cutting back instead of spending.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  4. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

This is a REALLY, REALLY OLD...

Sam got a good laugh out of this one when it first surfaced about nine months ago.

Grattan has not been sold.. not even close.....

5. hatman

hatman Wounded Duc

Excellent! I was hoping someone "in the know" might post. Thanks Monte.

6. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

Good , I love Grattan !!!!

7. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

Werd, ditto, and double ditto!

8. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

And Grattan loves you!!!!!!!!! :D

9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I love doing Grattan backwards:D

10. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

Good deal its not changing hands...but if Putnam were to be sold that might be a good thing???....hmmm....

11. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I heard a rumor Monte was buying Putnam .. :Poke:

12. STT-Rider

It's true and we will be converting it over to an Amish Equistrian Driving Events/Schools. As I see it this should pretty much put an end to complaints about no power in the paddock area.

13. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Better hire a poopsmith.

14. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

I certainly hope you require bedpans when they are on track :Poke:

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I'm just looking forward to the scoring tower being converted into a diving board for the new pool you're putting in too!

16. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Can we put a Flat Track in that back 40... Big John my Clydesdale lovers to get der buggy sideways on the exits:up:

17. STT-Rider

I see a problem already.... If I page "rider/driver named Yoder to the tower"... like 70 guys will come over...!

18. jigmoore

jigmoore Banned

i'll second that. i asked sam about this back in aug/sep (last time i was there). he said no truth to the specific rumor. he did say it's always for sale of course...for the right price. i don't remember the price, but i do remember it was ridiculously high (for the same reason tjenson said).