1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grattan repave pt II

Discussion in 'General' started by Gigantic, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

I've heard that it has been completed- has anyone seen it? pictures? comments? smart remarks?

2. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

The track was fine, they should have spent the money on a new bathroom...

3. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

I gave on that bathroom years ago. Now I do all my business in the pond.

4. tommyd273

tommyd273 Well-Known Member

Might as well, that bathroom water stinks something terrible.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Where do you think they get the water for the bathroom?:D

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The track was fine. And that was before I became heavily biased.

Agreed on the above - would be nice to see some time spent on the facilities.

7. ToxicRacing

ToxicRacing Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter what it looks like, by the time we get to ride on it next season it'll look like pavement camo. :rolleyes:

8. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

they needed to pave T4 didnt they? the back section repave started at T5? then front pave ended right after 3.

just one small section of track, and they could have held off a whlie on the rest

9. ToxicRacing

ToxicRacing Well-Known Member

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

One of the tracks told me they were putting in new bathrooms but I can't remember which one.

11. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

It definately wasn't Nelsons.
    That 'bathroom' has a legacy.

12. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

won't be grattan for sure!! Or showers!! Track didn't seem to bad when we were there about 3 weeks ago

13. Jonny Boy

Jonny Boy Well-Known Member

+1 Those bathrooms and gang showers are nasty.

Maybe its something they will look into when they are done with phase 3 or rapaving... I hope!

14. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

I have always enjoyed riding/racing at Grattan. Personally I thought the track was just fine even before the repave. I feel they should have started their improvements with the bathrooms and then moved on to the track.

I suggested to EJ they use some urinal mints and they did, they were there for like one weekend. I will say that weekend was the best that bathroom ever smelled IMO. I am thinking about bringing the mints each time we show up and tossing them in myself for the benefit of the sport in general.

I love the track, Sam, EJ and the whole deal. They just need to show the crapper some love.

15. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Even if they make the rest rooms nice racers will trash them in no time flat. I have never understood the need for people to destroy stuff that they don't own.

Last race I was at a guy dryed his hands and then just droped the paper towel in the middle of the floor as he walked passed the trash can on the way out. I was like what the hell man.

Learn to take care of stuff and maybe people with build nice stuff.

16. Supercorsa SCO

Supercorsa SCO Well-Known Member

Hey hey watch what you wish for

I was there when EJ put that posh bathroom and showers in the building around 198? so settle down OK?

There was a rumor that someone was pissed about the bathroom complaining and the fact quite a few of us showed up one weekend with the now famous "I survived EJ, the mosquitoes, and the kink" T-shirts so the track goon would make you wait for ever to get into the track. That was like for a year and finally they did the bathroom update and built his house on top of it all.

FYI They used to have the the Grattan roadracing club membership, where you could ride any day the track was not rented for a yearly fee of $125.00

Yikes

17. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I remember when practice days were $65 at grattan :)

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ah yes, back in the days of cars and bikes on track at the same time :D

19. tommyd273

tommyd273 Well-Known Member

I completely agree, it pisses me off when people liter, or just throw their cig. butts out the window.

20. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

There are plans for bathroom upgrades. I spent some time very recently having discussions with them about this and it is a priorty high on the list.

The Paddock is also scheduled to be resurfaced as well. It needs it, as it is crumbling in many places.