1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grattan Raceway Park 5/5-6/18

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Are we only going to be allowed to practice based on actual bike displacement? Last year I was signing up for some B and A races (I'm on a 600) to get the extra practice and halfway through the year was told I could only do the 600cc expert practice.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is the default yes, but overall it is the race directors call based on turnout. If we have a lot of riders allowing the 600's to run in big bike practice just makes that practice group useless for everyone. We'd rather you get less laps of better practice than more laps of just riding around.

If the turnout is light then there is no issue - so it varies weekend to weekend.

4. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Understood.

One last thing though. Reading through the fees page, it says "If an event is a Double Header then the discount tier will carry over to the following day as it is part of the same event. The first entry cost is once per event not per day." so was I screwing myself out of a bunch of money last year signing up each morning instead of all at once? I did 3 races a day so figure I signed up for 3 races twice I paid $560 but if I would have signed up for all 6 at once it would have been $505.

Sorry I'm not that smart lol. I always signed up twice incase I wadded the bike up Saturday.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doing them all at once or separately makes no difference in getting a credit or not.

If you're doing all of this at the track you have to tell them you entered the day before, otherwise they don't know. If you're doing it online it should handle it automatically even if you do two transactions.

Just looked at an entry for Grattan and it priced it correctly even with it being two paypal transactions.