1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grattan National

Discussion in 'General' started by 5axis, Aug 26, 2016.

1. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

I know it's crazy to start a thread about WERA racing on the beeb, but since I couldn't be there, is there going to be live timing? (a link to live timing would be nice too )

Good luck to everyone who is there.

TheGrouchyCat likes this.
  2. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

It's not starting all that well

3. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

Good luck to everyone. Surely I'll be there next year.

4. ?

5. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Farrell just smoked someone in the rear who was entering the track and immediately got on the race line without looking. He managed to avoid 2 of the three riders that did this. Bike is pretty trashed.

6. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Hoping riders are okay.

7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

last test I did there a very similar thing happened with very serious consequences, hope everyone is ok.

The Can Do Crew are the best cornerworkers and Grattan owners are great, STT runs a great program for practices before races, perhaps some special attention on merging safely, holding lines, and watching for others in the riders meeting would help.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  8. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Perhaps they could use hot pit that has blend lines instead of entering and exiting in the middle of the track

9. ton

ton Arf!

i'm not there, obviously, but i thought on race weekends they always did use the hotpit entrance rather than the jump?

regardless, best thoughts to those involved.

10. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

The races use hot pit. Today is a track day with race practice. Farrell is a little beat up, went back out on his other bike and clicked a 20.1. Not sure about the other rider involved.

11. Damn that sucks. Easy to happen if the riders entering swing out wide for t5 even though they aren't carrying the speed needed to necessitate the use of that line Coming over that hump it's not easy to change directions or stop any quicker than you already had planned. Hope all are relatively ok.

12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Farrell's got a pic of his knee on facegores. Looks pretty gnarly.

13. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Just saw that. I was expecting worse after this description, but without seeing it next to his other one, I can't tell if it's swelling weird, or just the road rash.

Still, if it happened as he's telling it (and I have no reason to think otherwise), he has every right to be pissed off...

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Yeah because it's the pit outs fault when an idiot thinks they need to go from curb to curb upon entering the track. Luckily nobody was hurt bad, I bet the asspackee wishes someone would have told him how important it was to yield when blending now, common sense isn't so common. The douchetastic dickwad that took out my front wheel when he decided he didn't want to go out on track and had to turn 90 degrees without looking cost me $2k in parts on top of my injuries. This was at 10 mph 20' before the pit out gate.

This may be a get off my lawn post but the new riders need taught awareness more than anything. I always try to help new riders be safe first and foremost. This shit didn't seem to happen as much back when practice days were race practice instead of track days.

And tell Jason Osh Kosh b'gosh he needs to step it up... We ran those times 15 years ago on 600s ;) I hope it is TK that's riding Eddie's R1 and they smash the record. Have fun, ride hard, stay safe boys.

helicopter99 and 5axis like this.
  15. Larry Denning

Larry Denning Well-Known Member

What is the record now? Jensen probably still has it.

ekraft84 likes this.
  16. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

I found a 1:19.79 from 2002 by Larry Denning. Guessing that's bee broken

17. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

1:19.25 by Pegram in 2006

18. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

That guy was pretty fast ;)

Try and remember bikes and tires circa 2002

19. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

I'm also not saying its pit out fault but for fuck sake they have a hot pit with blend lines, use them. It's like getting on at Road America in T5 or BHF in T5 or T6. Use what the track intended. Yes the packee holds responsibility, it's racer practice, you should know better. It's not the novice group.

rk97 likes this.
  20. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

I didn't even know you could do this back then