1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GPX Pro on a R1

Discussion in 'Tech' started by JRA, Mar 13, 2011.

1. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of hooking up a GPX Pro to record some data. I have it all figured out and working except gear position. Does anybody know what I need to tap on a 2007 R1 to monitor gear selection?

TIA!

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

The GPX Pro will do gear overlay using GPS if you calibrate it correctly. If you want to use an analog channel for it, tap the gear position sensor signal.

3. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

Yes, I would like to do analog. Would the gear position sensor be the signal going to the ECU from the neutral switch?

4. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

No. The neutral switch is on/off. There is a gear position sensor, which is a 5v, three wire sensor. You would have to calibrate the GPX for the appropriate voltage for each gear.

The GPS gear overlay actually works much better when viewing data traces - it's an overlay on any channel you want,

5. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

Got it hooked up. Thanks very much!:up:

6. Buchern

Buchern Well-Known Member

Do you know if the R6 also has a gear position sensor?

Could not find it on the wire diagram.

7. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

8. Buchern

Sweet.

Tough do you know where to connect it on a Yec harness?

Attached Files:

9. Buchern

Have investigate a little. And for me it looks like the R6 06-11 has a speed sensor on the tranny output. So why would they then need a gear position sensor? Atleast i cant find it :-/

10. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Speed sensor and rpm determine gear position. Sorry, you are correct, speed sensor only.