1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Forms

Discussion in 'General' started by worthless, Oct 28, 2019.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I have a form I'm trying to create and I'm trying to figure out a piece of conditional logic.

If answer A = Yes, Go to Section 2
    If answer A = No, Submit form.

Within Section 2, if they get there, there are questions that are required, so, I marked them as required.

Problem I'm running into is if they answer No. Since I marked the questions in Section 2 as required, it is still requiring them to answer those questions.

How can I force them to answer questions in Section 2 if they answered Yes to the initial question, but, allow them to submit the form without answering those questions in Section 2 if they answered No?

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

These first world problems are perplexing.

3. worthless

Doesn't have to be a first world problem.
    Do you plan on getting soup at the local homeless shelter?
    If no, cool.
    If yes, do you promise not to sue if you choke on a chicken bone?

If the answer is no, they shouldn't be presented with the question of whether or not they promise not to sue. If the answer is yes, then they have to answer yes or no.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Just add "Does Not Apply" as an option in section 2 geezus h krist do I have to do everything around here??

joec likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Everything except figuring out your move.

joec likes this.
  6. worthless

I over simplified it for the example.
    There will be 15 additional questions that will need to be answered if they go to section 2 and then have to acknowledge a bunch of terms and conditions. Trying to get them to not have to check 'Does not apply' 16 times.

7. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Google Forms is really a third world option in a first world business environment, so that works. You should just pay for Smartsheets so you can have that lack of functionality with a smug sense of satisfaction from paying extra for it.

Sorry, I hate G Suite. I'm sure someone can explain how to do it, but in my environment, we have to have special IT permission to use scripting, and they won't give it to me.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Here’s an eye dear

“If No, then ‘DNA’ questions 1-15 sheet two”, make DNA a hidden field and go drink a beer?

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Fk em. Let em click.

10. worthless

I don't know how to link to a different sheet...only to a different section. If you have questions marked 'required', then they are required regardless of what section you go to.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Well I’m beyond my pay grade now. Been a lotta years since I futzed with FileMaker Pro, the unrelational database

12. worthless

I think I got it figured out...somehow