1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good old Catholic Church...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by HPPT, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Then according to Pope Benedict you cannot be delivered to salvation. He says anyone who worships at a church that does not recognize his primacy belongs to a “defective religion.”

The good news is the Vatican will not have you killed for being a heretic. You will only burn in hell for eternity.

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Brazil's Cardinal deemed the Step father a pertrator of a 'lesser crime'...

Fucking Catholic Church, it should be allowed to fail.

3. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

The End is Near!!!

4. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

tee hee:clap:

5. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

Jeeezus, Mary, and Joseph....

WOOSH!

Sarcasm people, get it.

6. charles

charles The Transporter

I couldn't help myself on this one...okay, then, if what you say is accurate, then why not have the courage of conviction and start up a 'new' Catholic Church here in America, devoid of all the European BS? By the way, would you also have the courage of conviction to step up in your church and say this to the other parishioners and priest? Given time, the truth is you'd have an American Pope with a better looking 'popemobile' and a more elaborate Vatican.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The he would be a protestant, silly.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Then you're not Catholic sorry. Done my time and I know the rules. If you do not accept the doctrine of the church then you are not a follower of the the church.

Catholicism does not allow you to pick and choose which things you agree with sorry. If you want Catholic light go to an Episcopal church, all the same basic ceremonies and less guilt.

9. charles

charles The Transporter

Hang on, Mongo! Wouldn't a Catholic, who confesses (confessional) to a priest that he doesn't pay any attention to the Pope, be forgiven and told to do some sort of penance? If so, it could go on and on...

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, there are some things a couple hail mary's won't absolve you of, not following the proper hierarchy in the church is one of them for sure. Rape is still covered by confession tho, even rape of a 6-9 year old little girl.

11. charles

charles The Transporter

Well then how about if you flogged yerself bloody, would that do?

Okay, so the deal is that if one is a devout Catholic, then it is a 'top-down' hierarchy that commands obedience to the Pope as the wingman for God.

I still find it hard to believe that any Americans take marching orders from some guy in Europe. Why not an American Pope?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There can only be one pope, dems the rules.

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I was raised in High Episcopal Church. In Vietnam I became an Ecopalian...

14. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

It's already been done... they call it Lutheran. :D

15. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

Wow, no mention of penance or forgiveness???

Then again, you'd have to have some idea what the whole religion thing was all about, God forbid we look at any of the rules surrounding redemption or salvation.

16. charles

charles The Transporter

Rule #1: no names.

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Did you notice that the closer those mortar rounds and rockets landed to you the more religious you became?:)

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So, good old Pope Benedict the Progressive has been in the news all week here about his latest statement against the use of condoms. Statement he made to the media on the airplane that was flying him to... Africa. Talk about a PR nightmare.

Is he getting any press in the US?

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

He got a little earlier in the week about the condoms, but the bailout/bonus has been front and center on most venues.

20. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Some, but I don't think many Americans care about HIV in Africa, much less what the Pope has to say about it. You know, it doesn't affect them. :rolleyes: ;)