1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to laguna -- live feed for commentary

Discussion in 'General' started by indermue, Jul 24, 2012.

1. indermue

indermue Active Member

I'm going to laguna this weekend. Planning on watching the race from various spots around the track (i.e. not in the grandstands). Does anyone know if there is a live feed or radio channel for picking up on commentary?

Thanks for the help / info.

2. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

uhhhhh loudspeakers??

3. indermue

indermue Active Member

yeah, but they aren't all the way around the track. at least they weren't 3 years ago when i last went

4. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

Watch it on the big screen in T4

5. natedogg624

natedogg624 Well-Known Member

twitter.

6. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

Get a radio scanner and tune in the TV crews. That's what I did when I went to the Valencia GP since the track announcers were speaking Spanish of course.

7. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

There may be an FM station as at other tracks. I don't know that for a fact but it should be easy to find out -- assuming you want to listen to Rich, Armando and me.

Dreb

8. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

How about you set up a u-stream on your phone and give us all a live stream and commentary from your point of view.

9. caferace

caferace No.

You could get the MotoGP app for your phone, but it would likely be off timing a bit. Or hunt down a speaker handy, because Dreb, Rich and Armando rock at Laguna. :beer:

-jim

10. Gehr

Gehr whAt mE woRRy?

this event has ALWAYS had the best local track announcing / announcers for many, many years however the track ditched their short wave FM radio transmission last year so you are stuck trying to find a loud speaker to get their live feed.

The broadcast team the track assembles is by far the best I have ever heard announce a race & I have been going to this AMA / GP / MotoGP / WSB race weekend every year since 1984.

11. caferace

caferace No.

I will admit I do miss having John Fosgate in the booth there. He was great too!

-jim

12. indermue

indermue Active Member

thanks for the info