1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Godspeed Earnhardt ...

Discussion in 'General' started by Scarbs, Feb 18, 2001.

1. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

I didn't even follow Dale Sr. that much, but did keep tabs on DE Jr. from time to time.
    I was born and raised in the south and love it. I honestly think DE Sr. could draw more people together than the president in most areas. This is a horrible loss for motorsports in general. I can't believe it happened, but wish the best for his family. Godspeed Dale, you will be missed by many...

2. projekt9

projekt9 der Klugscheißer

It sure is a tremndous wound to the sport.
    Absolutely the most strange way to begin
    their season. DEI Motorsports Wins the race, Dale Jr comes home second, and Sr was on his way to a podium finish. I cannot even imagine
    what his family is experiencing now.
    I feel the most for his 12 year old daughter
    Taylor.
    The day started emotionally with Kyle being asked about Adam minutes before the start,
    then the the sound of heavy concern when Stewarts car went airborn. In the closing laps DW's voice was shakey knowing that brother Michael could possibly win, and finally sheding tears when he did.
    Then while DW was overjoyed at his brothers win, he said he hoped Dale was alright.
    Then the quick interview with Schrader,
    and you could see that Ken knew Dale was seriously hurt, he was very short with his responses, saying "I don't know, I don't what happened, I don't know anything just cars wrecking..." That told the story, the look on Schraders face. Finally the climax, when the news broke that Dale Sr. was killed.
    It was perhaps one of the most emotional events I had ever witnessed on live TV.
    The highs and lows within a few hours were
    unbelievable. But we all know that is racing,
    full of highs and lows. My prayers go out to the Family and friends of the Earnhardts.

3. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

I haven't felt this bad since Jamie Bowman and before that Greg Moore. I was hurt when Adam and Kenny Irwin died but not his hurt. Terrible loss.