1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Godbert Fastest; Pegram 4th

Discussion in 'General' started by CorollaDude, Jan 21, 2003.

1. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Hey I knew Godbert would be the fastest, but I thought y'all said Larry Pegram didn't deserve his ride. He's fourth. :confused:

Oh, wait a minute; Brad said that. :D

Go Godbert and Pegram! :cool:

GET INSTANT lap-Time information on amaproracing.com during AMA Road Racing Team Tests

PICKERINGTON, Ohio - As top AMA road-racing teams take to the track during two pre-season and in-season testing sessions, fans can watch lap times trickle in on www.amaproracing.com with AMA Pro Racing's new and improved @theWire LIVE! technology. Fans can tune in right now for near-live lap times from a three-day test that started today and runs through Thursday, Jan. 23 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

First used during the recent Dunlop Daytona Tire Tests in December, the new
    lap-viewing technology enables fans to keep track of their favorite riders as
    they circulate the race track. AMA Pro Racing now uses this new lap-time viewer successfully at each AMA Supercross event to rave reviews. The @theWire LIVE! technology will also be in use at a mid-season team test, July 29-31 at the new Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, Ala.

The @theWire LIVE! lap-time viewer comes in two formats, Flash and standard HTML. The Flash version, which updates itself about every 10 seconds, notes when riders have just crossed the finish line, if a rider's most recent time is an improvement from a previous time, tracks a rider's best time, and can explain a rider's status on the track. Both versions will be updated more frequently with lap information and the data will be presented in an easier-to-read format. This new technology is the latest benefit from AMA Pro Racing's relationship with the Indy Racing League (IRL), which uses the same transponder technology in its open-wheel car racing series.

2. MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing By Land, Air, and Sea

Pegram always qualifies pretty well then fades in the race. Hopefully he'll get it done for Ducati this time around. I remember when we were kids, the only time we had any kind of shot at him was at the TT tracks, man was he fast back then. Whooped him at the Triangle TT in Marion! :D

3. MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing By Land, Air, and Sea

Of course that was in about 1983...lol...when I was 8 and he was about 10...LOL.

4. 418

418 Expert #59

Pegram might be 4th...but Duhamel is 3rd. On a CBR 600 !!! So apparently they ain't going very fast yet...

LOL...told ya Pegram was a slow ass...

5. hdrk2006

hdrk2006 Well-Known Member

Godbert??:eek: Please Bruce, tell me Brad didn't make you send in your membership money to the Godbert fan club. He's fast an all but....... Corona would've been a better investment. :D

6. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

I judge the AMA racers as how cool they are to interview and take photos of. Hence Anthony Gobert, Nicky Hayden, and Eric Bostrom are my favorites, while Mladin and Hacking are my least favorite. Of course, Mladin is a great rider, but hey, life's too short to spend it all brooding and frowning all the time, not to mention failing to show up onthe podium and press conference. Especially when you have a high-paying job and a ride that most club level racers would die for.

I have 27 file photos of Mladin and not in one single photo is he smiling. I have a bunch of Godbert photos and in everyone he is smiling. <Enter the inevitable doobie joke>

Still being new to covering this sport, I learned at the Sunday race at VIR on AMA weekend, it's real cool to go back on the grid and take photos of the privateers like Livengood and those dudes. They're really cool! :)

Only one time was Anthony Gobert a little brusque with me and later that day he sought me out to let me take all the photos I wanted. :cool:

Of course, Nicky was always the best!

7. mad brad

mad brad Guest

he's doing a 26.8 now. not bad for a doped up, has been on old "B" equipment. ;)

8. wera516

wera516 I am not BC61

Bruce did you cause any of them to crash is my question.....:mad:

9. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

:D

10. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

http://www.amasuperbike.com/2003-Jan/030122g.htm

"Cindy Brady":D must have hiked up his skirt a little to make room for his package.

Yesterday Brad wasn't too busy to pop in from his new job to brag on his boy Gobert.:D Strange he's not here today.:eek:

Easy Tiger. Lap times don't mean nothin' but a point on race day for pole. Slowest rider to cross the stripe first wins. Except at Daytona where you get a cool watch. Yeah I know, Gobert's got one.

Crusty