1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gobert Injured in Practice?

Discussion in 'General' started by UGA Dawg, May 17, 2002.

1. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Leading superbike Qual times and crashes into barriers in turn 4?roadracing world

2. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Badly broken leg. Dangit!:mad:

3. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

Not a good year for the Goberts... :(

4. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Interesting...the report states the barriers apparantly were installed incorrectly. By the AMA. Makes me wonder if the AMA can do anything right. :rolleyes:

Note that they were NOT installed by Alpina's Dan Lance.

I wonder if Gobie's leg went under the skirt while trying to manuver before hitting the barrier.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He evidently hit at a junction and the bottom wasn't tied to the barrier behind it properly (not sure what that means though because the only thing behind it was haybales, not easy to tie to). I'm gonna wander out to T4 later and see what's what. Might wait til after the end of racing and get out on track with Dan.

6. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Replace Sadowski

Did anyone else notice that Sadowski called it turn 3? And he was calling 10a turn 9. :rolleyes: What a dumbass!

Not to mention he makes up all kinds of stuff while announcing like "Oh, they just made contact!" when there is clearly daylight between the bikes. I can understand wanting to make it exciting and all, but to the educated he just sounds stupid. :eek:

He may have been a good racer, but he sucks as a commentator.

7. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

Re: Replace Sadowski

you want Larry Meijers (sp?) back???

DS isn't perfect, but he's the best they've had.

You're just mad 'cuz 'Ski knows YOU SUCK [​IMG]

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, on Ski's behalf it really is 3 because it was well before the T4 station.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Does it really matter that much???

10. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

Could be worse, the could replace them all with NASCAR guys....
    :mad:

11. WERA29

Re: Re: Replace Sadowski

They don't call me anal boy for no reason punk! ;)

I know it's nitpicking but when everyone else in the world (including Drebber who's sitting right next to him) calls it 10a and 10b then he goes and calls it 9, he looks kinda stupid.

Go ask Turn 9 Estates (devout car racing fans who camp in the real turn 9) where they think turn 9 is. If Dave ever called 10a turn 9 in front of them he might not make it out alive! :eek:

12. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Hey Sean, If you read down this thread (http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10040) it would be almost ironic, if it wasn't such a serious matter at the same time...

Last edited: May 19, 2002
  13. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Sadowski was less than desirable as a personality when he raced, but he has definitely elevated himself in the announcing booth to "fluffer".

On the otherhand, I guess we could get Larry M.

Last edited: May 19, 2002
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Re: Re: Re: Replace Sadowski

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, I've heard some rumours that in slo mo it looks as though Goberts leg was broken before he got to the air barriers (and one of the rumor mongers was the wife so I tend to believe her). I'll have to watch the tape later and see myself. They have the barriers back by some decent (i.e. fairly fluffy) haybales so I was wondering how the leg got broken. Probably never really know for sure though.

16. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

I saw Goberts crash in the highlights today. He's lucky all he broke was his leg. Hope he's not out too long, but it doesn't look like he's going to be championship contender this year. :( Those modules didn't even look like they were fastened to anything. :confused:

17. WERA29

Re: Re: Replace Sadowski

I'd take Larry over Ski any day of the week. I did notice that Dave corrected himself after the first Superbike race and on Sunday mentioned that he was incorrectly calling tuen 10a turn 9 all day Saturday. :cool:

I wonder if it had anything to do with the feedback I sent to Speed Channel Saturday after the race? :confused: ;) :D

And Papa, you're just plain old P-Piggy Punk to me. :p

18. apexspeed

apexspeed Well-Known Member

I hated to have to pick up Gobert friday and hear him say "I felt my leg snap" because it was upto him to make it a helluva race but EB came thru for us on the last one! and FWIW Gobert, even after he has had a bad crash and is in pain, he is the nicest guy in the business! no matter what anyone else says...

also, "SKI" IMO is the best anouncer they have for this sport! its his enthusiasm that makes the race much more exciting for "TV viewers" so what if he make a few mistakes? it is kind of funny thought that he still gets the turns confused even after he had his own racing school there! Ha haha..

everyones a critic

19. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

They are just not as resilient as the master (knocking on wooden object).

20. Roadkill

Roadkill Member

another perspective

Anthony crashed right in front of the Georgia Sportbike megaplex campsite and although me and my buds were decamped to turn 8 at the time, several in our group saw him go down and a couple of them said that he was sliding with one leg out in front of him and one leg draggin'.....it must have gotten caught on something as they think that it was broken before he hit the fence.

Did anyone else here see that guy (#916?) go down at the same spot? That guy and his bike rode right under the Air Fence and he jumped up on the other side of it and jumped up on top of the tires....that section of fence ended up perpendicular to its original position, it did not appear to be damaged but they replaced it anyway. How is it that these guys are going right UNDER it...someone is gonna get hurt, I think....there has to be a way to anchor the front skirt.