1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GNF Point ?

Discussion in 'General' started by stymie12000, Oct 20, 2012.

1. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

Quick GNF regional question. Does your results apply points to your respected region? or is the regional GNF races only to determin the National regional winner?

Basically if all of the races in your region is over, is the championship for that region already been decided and GNF has nothing to do with those points?

2. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

GNF has nothing to do with regional championship points. There are two types of races at the GNF: Nationals (which do count for points towards the national championships) and regional invites (championships have already been decided).

3. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Yes. Points all year decides Sportsman region champion. all region top 5 or whatever come together at GNF for Sportsman National Champion (winner take all races). Then sunday will be the final round of the National Challenge series, which IS a points race for us.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If it helps look at it as being similar to the Olympics - you've got national championships that determine those allowed to go to the Olympics and there it's winner take all for the Olympic Champion.

In the case of the GNF it's the Sportsman Regional rounds all season where you're competing for the Regional championships that get you to the GNF where you compete for the Sportsman National Championships in a winner take all format.

The National Challenge Series and National Vintage Series are both points championships only, the GNF is essentially just another round (albeit a very important one for the Vintage peeps).

5. stymie12000

stymie12000 Well-Known Member

Thats what I thought. That has the way I have known it to be since I have been racing.

I guess when I looked at the points under my region, GNF showed up as one of the events and that threw me off. Thanks for the info.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah it does for right now because I need to pull in the points positions from all regions for grids. Then once it's done I'll pull it back out of the regions so they won't have points added.