1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glove sizing question

Discussion in 'General' started by Subaruzi, May 28, 2019.

1. Subaruzi

Subaruzi Total hack

Not sure if this is the right place to post this -

Trying to figure out glove sizing and how to properly size. When my hand is around bar, it fits fine. When I open my hand up - flatten it and spread fingers - the palm pulls away and feels a bit tight. Not a big deal as it should be around the bar most of the time. Issue I have had is that the palm will sometimes double over while on bar, almost like it is too big. If I go smaller, it is too small everywhere else.

I can't really figure this out. Any thoughts on this?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Go a little tight and let them stretch.

3. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Gloves that are loose are bad. A loose glove actually caused me to leave the throttle partially open at the end of a straight. That got a little scary. Had another racer with more experience tell me that my gloves were too loose after explaining my issue. Damned if he wasn’t spot on.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Gloves are too large and/or too stretched.

5. Subaruzi

Subaruzi Total hack

Thank y'all. I need to find a glove company that fits my hands well. I've tried Knox and Heroic so far. Knox has felt best but I have that palm issue.

6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

If you can get around one of the online places, like STG, they’ll have a ton of stuff in stock to try.

7. Subaruzi

Subaruzi Total hack

Just went to Cycle Gear because it is bothering me (I bought a pair of XL Handroids and trying to decide if I could get better fit).
    Tried on Sedeci same model in M (red), L (blue), XL (black)
    Took photos to show what I was talking about. When I go into kung fu grip the palm wrinkles. That's normal or is my hand just bizarre?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BuEHNtLwJyV6QCXh8

ducnut likes this.
  8. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

dont go sedeci of any size. get a good quality glove

TurboBlew and Shocker like this.
  9. Subaruzi

Subaruzi Total hack

Sorry - I'm not buying those, I just used to look at sizing. Cycle Gear had trash selection of gloves.

10. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

almost every brand is slightly different. look up the sizing online

11. loser

loser Well-Known Member

Held.

Only ever Held.

I have long fingers and everything else ends up too tight/short in the web between thumb and index finger

ducnut likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Don’t know if anything has changed but Alpinestars always seemed to run one size smaller than what they were labeled.

I would also never suggest getting a tighter fitting pair with the intent of stretching them out. Get a correct fitting pair from the get go.

Subaruzi likes this.
  13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

No, still the same. I'm a large in most gloves, Astars I need XL.

G 97 likes this.
  14. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

there is really no reason to concern yourself with the feel of the palm, when your hand is flat and opened up.. this isn't how the glove will be on the bar. I love heroic gloves, and i'm one picky m-effer... i had sized my hand according to his chart, but had him send me THREE sizes to try on. (paid for them, then got refunds on the bigger ones). i got a size smaller than the chart indicated and yes, they are snug to pull on, but this is what you want.
    Another reason i go heroic is the curved finger with elastic sewn in to KEEP the fingers curved. the little grippy tabs on the finger tips for lever traction, stingray on the palm and sliding areas (you don't want the heel of your palm gripping the pavement if you hit hands first or you are more likely to wreck wrist bones, leather grips, stingray wont), and other features including any color combo i want.. They are pretty cool gloves.

Another tip. Get AT LEAST TWO pair of whatever you get. Swap pairs out from session to session and get in the AC and/or fan to dry out between sessions. they last way longer than buying 1 pair at a time, they will fit snugger vs having sweat build up and soften the leather during the day and having them slip around .

TurboBlew and G 97 like this.
  15. Subaruzi

Subaruzi Total hack

I'm only buying gloves with palm sliders on them hence the Heroic and Handroids.

I really like the Heroic gloves but I've had problems with them. Got right size for palm but he said my fingers are too long as they're stressing the stitching. I've had to send back 2x for repair because stitching failed. He said I have European fingers/hands.

I think the 2 pairs make sense. Keep them rotating.

I just bought a new pair of Handroids from the Knox UK site. With shipping and after currency exchange they were 200usd. I got them in about 3 days. Crazy how fast they shipped to me. These feel pretty snug. I think they'll work well.

My main question was around the palm doubling over.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

MELK-MAN likes this.
  16. Subaruzi

Subaruzi Total hack

If anyone is interested in size 12 Heroics, I would part with them for $200 shipped. I have photos.

17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

if new and with stingray, that's a great deal. they go for $300 before any custom design, colors, etc.

18. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

just got the latest Gp pro and their sizing is back to normal

19. Subaruzi

Subaruzi Total hack

I need to check Held out. I have the long finger issue.

20. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member