1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Givi trunk to borrow?

Discussion in 'General' started by (diet)DrThunder, Aug 20, 2009.

1. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Hey folks...I'm going on a 2+ week bike tour all over hte East coast, and the bike I have came with a Givi trunk mount, but I don't have a trunk yet. I'm broke as a joke at the moment, so I can't afford to buy one. Do any of you kind folk have one I could borrow from you for my trip? I'd like to borrow a 46L one or bigger.

I'm leaving here on 9/5 and will be back home the week of the 23rd or so. I could get it to you at most any SE or MC race weekend, or the GNF, or ship it to you. Not sure how we cna arrange me getting it...depends where you are I guess...mostly hoping to hook up with a buddy at a track event to get it/return it.

Anyway, thanks for listening :)

2. Critter

Critter Registered

call me I got what u need
    704-504-1731

3. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

You must not be too broke....:Poke::D

Sounds fun, I have done it a few times and had a blast.

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

If he's lying, lemme know

5. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Oops, I thought you said a guinea in a trunk... carry on..

6. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I've got a 50L Givi trunk you could borrow if C.R. doesn't hook you up.

7. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

if those don't work out, I think I still have some saddle bags in the basement, and two tank bags that zip together for double height.

8. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Wierd. When I'm "broke as a joke" I look for some more work, not go on a jaunt in the countryside. I guess I've been doin' it wrong.

p.s.: Hose clamp a milk crate on the rack, line it with a heavy duty garbage bag, and stick your junk in there.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I wouldn't stick my junk in a milk crate for love nor money...

10. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I have stuck my junk in worse .....

11. (diet)DrThunder

Let's not bring Kris into this.

re: broke...ya, sorry for misleading all you folks who are so worried. I think I can scrape together the gas money for my ride. I'm riding a 15 year old bike on tires that were given to me by a friend, without which I'd be staying home. I do appreciate all of your concern though.

re: the trunk...thanks guys. I just saw the replies, so I'll be calling Critter in a bit, and if that doesn't work out I'll work my way down the list.

12. (diet)DrThunder

Thanks for that...I've got good saddle bags and a good tank bag from years past.

13. (diet)DrThunder

UPDATE: I got a call from a buddy locally who saw the thread...all set re: the trunk. Thanks everyone who volunteered to help me out, I really appreciate it.

:up:

14. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Funny guy....