1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gift hiding?

Discussion in 'General' started by john buchanan, Dec 20, 2003.

1. john buchanan

john buchanan Active Member

At this time of year one of the questions we ask our self is ,were do we hide the childrens christmas. My daugther is grown now and has her own child with two on the way.But I can remember trying to find place to hide gifts.She would spend days combing the house looking,and as she got older she was harder to fool.
    When she was 15 ,I had put wrapped presents under the tree ,but the large stereo system would be a suprise.So were to hide it? Christmas was still a week away,and I knew she would look high and low . Then it came to me perfect hiding place.
    I hid it in the corner of her bed room under the pile of clothes that never got any smaller(if you have teenage daugthers you know what I'm saying).Prefect place she never found it.
    Imagine her suprise on christmas morning when I told her were to look and how long it had been there.

That pile of clothes went away and never came back,she and I still laugh about it 10 yrs later.

Good luck and Merry Christmas to you and the ones you Love. :beer:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2003
  2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Very cool story.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

3. Preposterous!

Preposterous! wemember

As a kid my parents stopped hiding presents when I was 9 or 10 when they found out I always found them. They started wrapping them and putting them under the tree. I suppose they thought that there would be no way to know for sure what they were. But I would pull enough tape off the wrapping to find out what they were and then put them all back together. Never tearing the paper or tape they went back together well. I don't know if they ever caught on but they never said anything.

I still don't like to be surprised at Christmas or any other time.

4. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

I'm completely opposite...you could set my gifts right on my desk and I wouldn't peek. I love surprises!!!! :p

5. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

That's because you are a woman. You know that you are getting all the GOOD stuff for Christmas (because you told your husband what to get :D ).

6. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

I have a '69 Camaro under a car cover in the garage. Even if the wife knew the stuff was in there, she probably wouldn't go through the effort to bother it. Between that and my tool chests, my hiding spots are safe (at least until the boy gets older, anyhow!)

His new bike won't fit in the car, though... It's under a tarp beside the car.... He'll be ticked to know he's walked by it a dozen times! :D

7. ROACH_da_1st

ROACH_da_1st Well-Known Member

Sometimes it's not a matter of hiding, but a matter of disguising what you're giving.

One year, my wife wanted a specific gold necklace.

OK - no problem. Went to the jewelry store and got it.

But before wrapping it, I took the necklace out of the box and put an 18" length of furnace chain, a bottle of gold "Testors" model paint, a paint brush and step-by-step instructions for a "Do it yourself gold necklace" in the box.

Cost of the necklace: Doesn't matter.
    Cost of the necklace kit: $2.00
    The look on her face as
    she read the "instructions": PRICELESS!

Here's another one:

One year, I bought the "usual" small gifts, but since there was nothing that she "really" wanted I fell back on the old standby -
    $$$$$$$. (That always brings a smile to her face).

Being the devious sort that I am, I went to the carryout and bought several boxes of "CrackerJacks". After several tries, I was able to unseal one of the boxes without damaging it. I took out about a 1/4 of the contents, wrote a check, put it in a "Zip-Lock" bag, put it in the box and resealed it. Wrapped it up and left it under the tree along with the other presents.

Christmas morning she unwrapped it, set it aside without opening it and never said a word (she knows I'm wierd).

Later that afternoon, I asked her what she had done with her "CrackerJacks". She said they were out in the kitchen, that she really didn't like them. I said, you know what their motto is don't you - "Inside every box there's a prize"?

Suddenly a light turned on and there was a mad rush for the kitchen. I could hear the sounds of a box being ripped open and the next thing I saw was a :D :D :D wife.

8. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

Why am I not surprised? :D

Your poor wife (although that is funny as s*^&!!!!) ;) :)