1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ghetto Rig Quick Shifter

Discussion in 'Tech' started by sublime4mylife, May 6, 2011.

1. sublime4mylife

sublime4mylife Well-Known Member

I just purchased a 2005 R6 race bike and there are some issues with the quick shifter on it. First of all, there is no ignition module and the quick shifter hooks up to the power commander itself, which I'm not sure will even work (thought you needed an ignition module). Also, there was some tape over the quick shifter and under it there was a very ghetto saudering job done and there are only two wires connected, which there are three wires in the harness, the red wire is cut and does not hook up to the QS. There is also only two wires connected into the power commander harness, which seems like a setup that was "cusotmized". The QS cable does have three wires inside it, I just don't understand why only 2 are hooked up going to the QS and PC. If anyone knows anything about QS please let me know, because it doesn't really seem like the QS is working. I can take pictures if it would help. Thanks guys!

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

You can hook it up directly to the Power Commander.

There are only two wires needed, the red one is not used.

3. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

Correct.
    Only two wires tie into the Powercommander.
    I would suggest cleaning up the soldering job too if you are capable.

You might want to check and see if the QS has been engaged.

Assuming its a PCIII, you will need the supplemental software to make it work. Not sure if PCIII can be accessed through the PCV software?

If not, download the PCIII and supplemental Quickshifter software from Dynojet. Hookup to the PCIII with a USB - MiniUSB cable and establish communication. Close-out the PCIII software and start the QS Software. Its pretty simple IIRC, just turn on the QS and set the killtime. I believe that stock its 65milliseconds. We have never changed it from that as it works well.

Hope this helps.

Bernie