1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General McChrystal.......good or bad American?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by XFBO, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

No way...it had to be the bow to the secretary that took mcC by surprise :D

2. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I'm amazed Gen Mc bit his tongue so long. I guess seeing stupid up close and personal finally pushed those words out. I wish he had not apologized, but I understand why he did.

3. justariot66

justariot66 Well-Known Member

I never served but I read that in the article the soldiers wanted to destroy an abandoned building and McC said no.
    The next day that soldier was killed from a scumbag hiding in that building.

Obama has said we "cant be air raiding villages"
    McC seems to have bought heavily into the model of not taking risk and above your life dont kill a civilian by accident.
    ITS SOOOO Telling that he made these comments against his boss.

IM not there but 2 guys (both former colonels) with contacts said the war in Afghanistan is going very badly, 3 outta 10 and 2 outta 10 in levels of success.

4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Some things can't be fixed. The Russians couldn't win a war there, and they were a lot more heavy handed than we would ever be. That country is FUBAR, and it's time to move on.

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Your statement is mostly true however it is NOT treason. Insubordination that is grounds for removal, yes. Certainly within Obama's legitimate choices.

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Probably the case of a competent guy doing the wrong job...

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Which one? Bama Jelly or McChrystal?

8. justariot66

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

This is the stough that pisses me off!

10. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I agree it's odd that these two aren't seeing eye-to-eye. Obama and McChrystal both believe in a political war where the soldier should consider the foreign policy implications of every move. This cannot be popular for the soldiers. I can't imagine this idea has ever held much support from military types. The example used in your post is a great illustration of why.

You don't rise above Colonel without being a politician. This is all really curious.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Or in the case of my Grandfather - Lieutenant Colonel (he had a habit of pissing off the wrong people :D )

12. justariot66

Whats really fun to watch is, the lefty media now having to report McCs comments and therefore have to examine how Afghanistan is going victory wise.

Afgahnistan has been buried in the press, now a light on the war may show Obama as not leading there either.

13. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

he said competent

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I have heard that he would actually go out with the special ops guys in Iraq and he is HUGELY respected by the troops. If those are true it matters more to me on my opinion of him than anything the drones in DC say.

Further while you need political skills you do not need to be a politician, there is a difference.

Lastly I have a hard time thinking anyone that rose through the special ops divisions isn't a bit hard ass underneath what ever political camo they have on.

Oh and READ the article linked above by justariot66. Most of the quotes are from aides not the man accused by the pansies in DC (notice that is MY description not his :Poke:) After reading it my opinion is that while Obama was elected fair and square he is not qualified nor deserving of digging this man's latrine.

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Yes it has, you guys ever ask yourselves what ever happen to the daily death counts along with the sad, puppy eyed reporters who would communicate those numbers just about everyday during the Bush Admin?

And yet, some people still think MSM is well balanced. :rolleyes:

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So there is a good possibility now he's in charge he reverting back to soldier when dealing with politicians :D

17. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yeah, there was SO much news coming out of Afghanistan while we were invading Iraq...

18. Strick

Strick Good to be king

The whole McC thing has me conflicted. I am glad that some light is being shown on the ineptitude of Obama and his handling of things. Giving him a pass on the hadling of a war where Americans are dying is not something the media should be proud of.

The other side is that a General should and does no better and should bite his tongue as long as he is serving. I would think that airing things while still commanding troops could lead to undermining moral.

I think they both should resign. :D

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

What relevancy does LOCATION have here? When Bush was in Office Iraq was the primary mission, right now it's Afghan.......with Bush we practically had daily military personnel death counts no matter the location of said deaths, do we have that now?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  20. justariot66

Do you deliberately misunderstand comments so you can have something to say or do you just misunderstand? :Poke:

Iraq was the lead story as far as deaths and bad news for years. Now that Iraq has been largley passified and Afghanistan has been ramped up wouldnt it make sense we would have reporters on tv talking about more dead every day?