1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaylord Palms ORL

Discussion in 'General' started by ChemGuy, Sep 30, 2019.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I thought I was finally never going to have to go back to this effing place (The Gaylord and ORL in general)...But they pull you back. Spending several 'glorious' days here next week stuck in a room having meetings, eating breakfast, lunch and dinner here...never leaving. Its like the freaking pit of despair in there.

Who else hates these fake plastic 'resorts' and spends way too much time int hem for meetings...?

cpettit likes this.
  2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Stayed there once. It is all the worst things of Orlando wrapped up into one huge monstrosity.....

ChemGuy likes this.
  3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

We did that place for a couple of years but ultimately were asked not to to return (long story).

Now we go to the MGM Grand in LV.

It is equally as vile.

dtalbott likes this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Haha I've spent about a billion hours in that place and the like putting together those meetings and general sessions and breakouts and whatnot. Only saving grace they have is decent catering. Did a concert in Wreckers once or twice.

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Waitaholdit ... you ain’t getting off that easy. Spill it, Sparky!!

6. ChemGuy

The catering better be effing amazing...at like $48/person for lunch in our suite. And that is just sandwiches and shit...not a hot buffet bar. Breakfast (bagels and donuts) wasnt much cheaper either.

And we have a party of 12 at the steak house. Im figuring well be in for about $1500-2K for sizzler level food....:D

God I H8 Orlando....

7. ChemGuy

[​IMG]

maybe???

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ace Cafe Thursday bike night.
    Corona Cigar Bar any night.

Neither of which is anywhere close to Palms :crackup:

9. ChemGuy

Thats the thing...there aint nothing close to then Palms...Thats part of their strategy too keep us poor bidiness folk captive.

10. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Machine Gun America is right down the road if you needs to get some stress out......

11. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

My wife goes to conventions there- I always leave and head a little ways down the road to eat. So expensive and like you said- sizzler level food. The parking suuuuuuuucks too.

12. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

This is a real place?
    I always thought the name was just used in movies.

13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah.

[​IMG]

14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Eff that! Rent a passenger van from the airport, then, there’s an option. Unless y’all don’t particularly care for each other. :D

15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

We just had one in Minneapolis a couple weeks ago. The only upside to the whole week was going here and tearing shit up.....

https://extremesandbox.com/

16. ChemGuy

I wish. I am literally stuck in our suite with meetings ALL DAY long. Like literally 8 sm to 5pm...breakfast, lunch and then afterwards...dinner. At the restaurant's in the resort.
    We wont even rent a car. Just fly into MCO and shuttle or uber to the resort on Sunday. And go back to airport on thursday. :(

Only good thing is since it's a new job I'll be able to see like a million customers and business/tech people from Japan in 4 days.

The only good thing is I don't have to man the display...or sleep in the meeting suite...cause that sucks hard having to share your room all day...no place to go back and quietly destroy the toilet from last night drinking.

ducnut likes this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yeesh. That does sound like hell.

18. ChemGuy

I know right.

And know Russian Ballerinas insight anywhere...:D

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

You are taking the wrong approach to this.

Yes, you are limited in options, but allow that to remove any decision making tasks. Relax, and just go with the flow for a few days.

Turn your brain off, go through the motions, and sleep as much as possible. The weekend will pass quickly