1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gas for $1.99 a gallon around here.

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

Did someone already mention the TSD fleet fuel program for diesel? I just signed up with them and paid $1.40ish at Loves the other day. (TSD keeps 10% of the discount so it was more like $1.46/gallon)

2. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

$1.77 at BJ's last night for regular. North Florida

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I don't know, but up until 5-10 years ago, California gas was more, but it was usually within 20-30 cents of other areas and definitely not a huge deal, as I just consider it a weather tax. At some point the idiot politicians came up with cap and trade (I think it is what it is called) and I don't know how it works, but with that, and the fact we use a summer blend and a winter blend, it has become a license to steal.

It has been mentioned on the radio that we should be dropping 10-15 cents per day for awhile, but we haven't been. The suppliers are just gouging us while they can because everyone has their eye off the ball with this Corona Virus stuff.

I usually drive a natural gas car and the price has been 1.99 at the station I usually use, for at least the past 5-7 years.

baconologist likes this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Spring Creek & US75 in Plano TX

[​IMG]

5. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Reg. $165 SW of the BrewCity WI.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Just a hair under $2 a gallon the other day for regular for the Milfwagon. $ 2.60 something for premium for the Q.

Forgot to put in the points from the grocery and the premium would have been well under $2 a gallon. I could have looked around to get it lower even without points for regular but I didn't feel like dealing with the gold hondas and lexuses.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

1.69 at the Krogers yesterday.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Took both cars to Kroger this AM. With the $0.90 discount I had built up, I paid $0.96 per gallon and filled both for under $35.

brex and Sabre699 like this.
  9. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

This morning with a $.92 discount. Max 25 gallons.
    15853407673810.jpg

auminer and R Acree like this.
  10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We are allowed 35 here...that's why we try to use the points when we need to fill both vehicles.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Sorry, this is at UDF, a local convenient store chain. Hot momma gets the Kroger points...:cool:

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

We take both cars and get on different sides of the island then hand the nozzle over. We usually get just under 35 gallons or one of us doesn't quite get a full tank.

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

$0.609... looks like you have the current record, displacing my $0.659. :beer:

We do same. Call it the "gas dance" I don't know why...

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You can call if whatever you like, 35 bucks is 35 bucks.:D

15. joec

joec brace yourself

Saw 1.85 today

16. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

That station I mentioned earlier has been down to $1.29 for the past 24 hours...and nobody there filling up?!

17. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Here in suburban Detroit, I've seen as low as $1.59 and as high as $2.19 Friday.

18. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

$1.45/gal at Sam's Club in Woodstock GA yesterday.

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

In case you are not aware, Gas Buddy is a pretty handy app.

20. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

$146 Reg. In North Brewaukee yesterday!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.