1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gas additive for slightly clogged carbs ?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Rodger, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wonder what that cost Chevron? I'd guess free fuel for the factory for the initial runs would do it.

2. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Change the clamp screws from Phillips to hex socket so you can use an allen wrench in the future. You'll thank yourself many times over.

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I'm not sure that gentleman is still checking this thread :D

tgold likes this.
  4. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Neighbors husband got in a cancer battle pre covid (2018 ish ?) and we just brought her boat back to life with a fuel tank draining (had pump gas), re fill with rec gas and a double dose of seafoam.

Once it started holding an idle after using starting fluid, I pulled the air intake and used the black mechanic in a bottle aerosol......unbelievable amount of goo came out the exhaust, I'm talking a 1/3 stick of butter,.......I was amazed

Fucker starts right up at idle with no throttle and we've done a few full throttle rips around the island......probably 40 miles now

This was my first seafoam experience so I'm very happy with the results

5. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

:stupid: except every set of those clamps I've come across with an allen head has been massively overtightened:mad:

They are most likely (and completely adequate) JIC screws and need a JIC screwdriver. Unless they have been ham-fisted to death already with a phillips :(

6. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I agree that can happen when you're working on somebody else's bike, but obviously the OP is working on his own bike, so it's implied that he has control over how much torque is applied. If you're working on your own bike and you overtighten, then it's your own fault.;)

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

In the case of General Motors research was paid for by General Motors.