1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garrett currently top in Jerez test

Discussion in 'General' started by redtailracing, Nov 17, 2020.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Hell yeah !!

3. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

second it

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Great and all but really, from what I'm extrapolating here, he should be quickest in this group...

"The Misano SBK round was on 23 June. Conditions for race 2 were dry, 27C, 59% Humidity. Rea won the 21 lap race after 34'06.731. The race fastest lap was 1'36.814 by Razgatlioglu.

The Misano MotoGP round was on 15 September. Conditions for the race were dry, 26C, 54% Humidity. Marquez won the 27 lap race after 42'25.163. The race fastest lap was 1'33.355 by Marquez."

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

upload_2020-11-17_9-59-17.png

what in the text-mixery is that???? mgp and wsbk on the same track? i think they've done it before , but...

rd400racer likes this.
  6. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Not following your logic here at all. They are testing in Jerez. We are talking about GG on a WSBK here and he fastest of those that are.
    Probably saving some $ by putting Bradl out there too. There are only 12 riders and it isn't like he is 5 seconds a lap faster than the WSBK riders other than Cresson.

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

You are correct. I went by the moniker next to their name and thought that one group was on their WSBK bikes and GG was on a MotoGP bike. If that is not the case, I am wrong. Do we know that is the case?

8. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

So who won testing? Are Rea and Lowes on the new kawi?

9. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

HRC just sent Bradl to do some testing since they track was already being used. They've mashed up WSBK and Motogp test riders before

10. 2blueYam

Bradl is the only one with MGP next to his name as far as I can see on the live timing. Everyone else is SBK.

11. 2blueYam

Actually a good question would be is GG on the new bike or his 2019? I wouldn't think there would be much point in him testing on the old bike, so I would assume he is on the new bike.

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I know it's cool and all that he's leading the WSBK bikes and all but, it's a test and you don't much for winning a test.

The Great One and rd400racer like this.
  13. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

he's on a 2020

2blueYam likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

so maybe MotoGP bikes are faster than WSBK bikes

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Looking at some photos from the test the shocking thing to me was that Gerloff was sporting the same helmet paint as before. I figured his lid would be all painted up with Claws and Os and Potato chip logos. :crackup:

16. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Loca-titties seems to be meshing well with the Pata R1.

17. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

upload_2020-11-17_7-46-14.gif

Obligatory

tdoss1980, pfhenry and BigBird like this.
  18. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Why is Lewis Hamilton talking smack in this thread?

cpettit likes this.
  19. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Looks like Garrett finished the day on top. I know there's no trophy for winning a test. But it's not like everyone's out there on cruise control. And the factory Yamaha and Kawi boys were in attendance so I think this a good sign starting the offseason.

20. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Sure, it might not mean *that* much, but it's better to be at the top of the board rather than the bottom.