1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game on - MotoGP at Indy in '08

Discussion in 'General' started by mcracr, Jul 4, 2007.

1. mcracr

mcracr 2smoke racing 4 life!

2. g.mccormick

g.mccormick Well-Known Member

awesome. and they are going to run the 125 and 250 classes. I live about 20 miles south of indy and have friends that live on the west side. Looks like I had better get my vacation calender marked for those days.

3. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

THERE IS A GOD!!!!! :up:

Uber sweetness!!!!! :beer:

4. Hammer

Hammer Well-Known Member

Wonder when tickets go on sale?

5. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

No way this will happen. It would be too good. Surely a meteor will land on the track or something.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

6. Roger@Arroyo

Roger@Arroyo Well-Known Member

I haven't been to a MotoGP race at Laguna, been to a few SBK races there and honestly never wanted to deal with the hassle for the GP. But, I'll fly out from New Mexico for this one....about time they brought the 125's and 250's and gave us a "real" Gp race. I'm really curious how they put in the new asphault in the infield to get around the final turn issues.

7. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Time to visit my brother in law and his family in Indy. Oh yeah!!! This friggin' ROCKS!!!

8. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

I hope it doesn't conflict with the Nashville WERA round.

Hey Mongo!!! Can we get a different weekend for Nashville next year?

9. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

What Dewayne said. All us Nashville dudes are gonna be in Indy that weekend.

ROAD TRIP!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :beer:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hmmmm, that's a scary weather weekend up there. Of course they have to work around the rest of the MotoGP schedule...

No, I will not schedule any race on the East side of the country that weekend if there is a GP in Indy.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Roger - think running the F1 course in reverse, changes the angles to work much better for bikes on and off the oval.

12. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

You have one frosty Yuengling on deposit, sir!!! :beer:

13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

so now that they're gonna do all this work to run Indy backwards, when does AMA and club level racing get to race there???

Its a shame theyre yanking the Turkish Grand Prix out.. thats an unbelievable track. but if you read the Article in Road Racer X, it seems ridiculous now that F1 runs that track, the kind of prices they wanna charge and at the same time state that theyre "motorcycle friendly"

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Club racing will never happen. It's Indy, they survived for many many decades running one single race a year. If the event isn't huge in numbers or huge in prestige they won't allow it on their track.

15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

ahhh i did not know that. so its not like daytona where they could care less if theres a single fan in the stands

16. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

17. There are hotels galore around Indy...and surrounding cities/towns. Even if you stayed 40 miles out of town it shouldn't be an issue other then maybe some traffic...but there are many ways into and out of Indy so you might just have to do a little GPS work. I may just have to give some old friends a call and go up for this one.

18. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

I hope the tickets go on sale prior to December. If so, I have Paul all taken care of for Christmas for this year.... :D

Tickets - Motorhome - two street bikes - :up:

Whoo hooo!

Dawn :D

19. Roger@Arroyo

Roger@Arroyo Well-Known Member

They would still have to do something with what is now the final two turns of the F1 layout, even if they do run it in reverse. There's no way they're going to go screaming into T-1's banked superfast turn WFO with a wall on the outside, and I pray they're not going to do a mickey mouse chicane to slow the riders down.

20. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

Is the 500 really the only event held there?