1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FZR400 Front Rotor Supplier ??

Discussion in 'Tech' started by cyclenut, Nov 23, 2003.

1. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

I wanted to get some new front rotors for next year...always thought the EBC Prolites or the Braketech wave rotors were good alternatives to OEM, but I can't find any listed for fitting the FZR400.

Has anyone fitted aftermarket rotors to their FZR400? What kind? Comments?

THX!

2. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

EBC has a listing for them. Check their web site. The listing is for PRO Lite Street. I don't think they have a race rotor any longer. The Pro lites listed will be a good as stock, I would think.

88-89/ MD2020LS left
    MD2020RS right

90/ MD2022LS left
    MD2022RS right

3. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

Cool...yeah I was gonna try to hold out for some race rotors (i.e. light) since the street and race rotors look about the same cost. I could use less weight though if its available :p

Thanks

4. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I didn't think there was anything wrong with the stock rotors on my 89. I picked up the backend more than I wanted under braking, maybe I should have softened up the suspension?!

:D

5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

You needed to do a lot to the suspension on that thing

The race and street are almost the same thing.
    I have one of each on my Hawk, thanks to the ebc slacker in charge. The diff. is the color of the carrier and the buttons. The race rotors float and the street have to have the race buttons installed to make them float.

The buttons can be ordered separately, there are two sizes. They should be able to direct you to the proper ones. Also they are cheaper than the stock.

Unless they have changed something on them. The ones I have for my F3 are the same way.