1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Furthest you'll drive to pick up a bike?

Discussion in 'General' started by fullmetalF4i, Oct 11, 2014.

?

How far are you willing to drive to pick up a new bike

1. 0-100 miles

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  2. 100-300 miles

23 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. 300-500 miles

15 vote(s)
    21.7%
  4. 500+ miles

30 vote(s)
    43.5%
  1. I didn't know any of that shit. They said they have always used those people with great success, so I told them that was fine. Nobody said anything about it taking a damn month.

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm in the middle of a 2400 mile round trip in my pickup to buy a new race bike right now. I've driven more in the past for other bikes. No distance is too far for a new bike, IMHO. :D

3. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

Funny thing this pops up today, I just picked up a pit bike today from Hickory, N.C. about 300mi round trip but got an awesome little Zuma for <$1000. I look at it this way, if you can save $ by driving I ask would I drive a few hours for $500-$1000? Oh yes I would so why not, I enjoy the trip.

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

With Uship I dont drive no wheres no more! Gives me more time to work on my grammars. :D

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Did you ask? :Poke:

6. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't ship crap from all the first hand horror stories I've witnessed. If the LTL shippers are willing to butcher a 250k machine, what would they do to a bike?

Three used machines on wheels left Indiana for Ontario and rode the entire time unsecured other than a crossbar across half the trailer. They literally destroyed each other on route. Driver just shrugged. I wanted to knock his teeth in.

LTL means lots of loading and offloading by people who just don't give a shit. Anytime it transfers wearhouses there's a chance something will go wrong.

7. I did. The answer was "they are pretty quick, they usually come get it within 48hrs".

They didnt say "...but then they hold on to it for a month".

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You win the internet today.:crackup::crackup::crackup:

9. :D

10. racergary

racergary Well-Known Member

I was seriously considering buying an 1967 Bridgestone 90cc with only 580 miles on her,from the photos she looked to be in showroom condition,it still had the pull off vinyl plastic breakin info tab on the speedo and the small mud flap on the rear fender that every 90 rider I knew removed that girlie piece of metal

.It was a runner too.At a 3,000 mile round trip I passed as the seller wouldn't ship,you had to come and get it or make your own arrangements.It finally sold for just under $1,000

Just couldn't see myself going 3,000 miles to fetch this lovely 60's bike

11. Josh Whitehead

Josh Whitehead Crash Test Dummy

21 hours and 1350 mile round trip from Chapin, SC to Homestead, FL to pick up a SV650. Left Chapin in 40f weather get to homestead at 8am and it was 85f.