1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fun in V7 at Summit Point

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by stickman, Apr 21, 2003.

1. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

I had a great time out there yesterday. I'm still a PN and I also ran other 600 classes and usually started in row 26. So, it was really nice being able to start in the first wave with V7.

Does anyone have the results. We left before they were posted. I'm pretty sure I was last.

Also, what are the times of the top runners in V7?

Right now my times are really dropping, but I'm still slow. My best this weekend was 1:33:11. In the mediumweight solos I was 30 out of 41. I was pretty happy with that considering it was my first race.

2. willie

willie Well-Known Member

Hey Stickman,
    I was out there wearing an orange shirt with you. You were looking pretty good. I remember looking at the posts before I left but can't remeber them now. A couple of those guys were pretty quick!

:beer:

3. stickman

Yeah, I remember seeing another orange guy out there. I don't know how we did though. All I remember is a bunch of guys taking the lead into turn 1 and I never saw them again. But I don't know if anyone was behind me. Because most of the race I was by myself. So either I was last or I was really far ahead of some people.

4. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

I wish i could of joined the fun but I was to lazy.. :D

5. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Ummm... Stick... I Think yoou and I were playing a bit... :)

6. stickman

Was that you, George?

This was my first weekend, and I never imagined it would be that much fun. I did track days last year, but that was boring compared to this. And in one race weekend, I improved my lap times by 12 seconds over my best track day.

There is nothing more exciting than being on someones ass as we both head into turn 10 dragging our knees doing about 75mph. Or overtaking a more powerful bike in the carosel draggin your knee the whole way around. Holy crap, what a weekend! And to think I waited 39 years to start this.

I actually enjoyed the 40 bike grids. I was always assured there would be someone of similar ability to dice it out with.

I'm already counting the days until the Cycle Jam.:D

7. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Yeah, for 2 laps or so in V7. Fun, eh!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2003
  8. willie

willie Well-Known Member

The cycle jam isn't a vintage weekend is it?:(

9. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Top V7 Heavyweight times were 1:25 range, maybe a high 1:24 by an FZR1000. A Suzuki 750 was in the 1:27 area

10. stickman

Wow, no kidding. I was thinking 21-22. I guess my F2 isn't too bad.

11. ducatiracer

ducatiracer Member

After flubbing the start big time (some things never change), I ran 1:24s and a high 1: 23 chasing the 1000 Yamaha. One more lap and I would've had him. In June, with a warmer track I expect 1:20s and maybe 19s.

michael

12. Raffy

Raffy Active Member

Yeehaaaa

A 1:23:07 lap time in V7....but who is counting .
    Personal best at Slippery point !!!!!!!!!

:beer:

I had a blast this weekend and I would have waited
    around for the other officals in the race, but I was listen'n to
    the "little voices" in my head.

13. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

I hear ya coming and I give you the entire track in T6 in V6, and for that I get I would have waited around for the other officals in the race, but I was listen'n to the "little voices" in my head.

What a slap in the face! I thought you would have been nicer. :( What you should have done was the same you did Saturday night. Remember, you DID ask me if you could eat a piece of Marge...
    ;) :D :beer:

14. Raffy

Raffy Active Member

OOOpppsssss

How soon I forget, my memory is alittle foggy for
    some reason....hhmmm. My brain is still swollen from pushing
    the braking markers in turn 1, I was getting ready to use
    the heels of my boots....gesh !!!

Yes, you did give me a clear line in T6, and greatly appreciated.
    It's amazing how much sportsmanship you find riding vintage races, love it. Thats what it's all about.

Looking forward to the next roundabout.

Someone pass me the mountain water.....:Puke: