1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel transport - 5 gallon cas

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, Apr 29, 2024.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Looking for the easiest way to transport stray 5 gallon pails as the come from VP. Does anyone have one of the 5 gallon jug holders that can tell me if the pails will fit into those? I have a mechanism for the 15 gallon kegs, just not the little ones.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

E-track and a ratchet strap?

3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Look into a water cooler holder landscapers and construction workers use for those orange round coolers.

4. Hyperdyne

That's what I am thinking. Overall its probably the easiest.

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I've got a ladder style ramp that gets strapped to the bottom of the left wall of my trailer once the bike is loaded. I've got a bunch of wide flat bungee straps that I use to lash gas cans to the ramp and so far it seems to work? Based on that, e-track along a wall would work great.

6. Hyperdyne

So far the setup I have envisioned has worked well. MGP-R only comes in kegs so that's fairly easy. It's the random chance we run T4 for testing that i get a couple of rogue cans.

7. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

I have a 3 jug holder in the trailer and a VP can fits. The jugs are not a tight fit at all though.

8. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

10. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Make a wooden box that's big enough for a can to fit. Deck boards with 1x1's on the corners. Put rubber on the bottom, and inside (this will help it not run around the trailer as you drive), truck bed liner could work. Have a couple of strategically placed holes that will let a tie down go through them. Tie them down.

11. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Go to Home Depot and buy some Aluminum pieces and bend to fit… 2 rings for the top and bottom and a straight piece to screw in wall… bolt all together and your good… I did this on a 3 rail trailer and it worked for square VP jugs…

stickboy274 likes this.
  13. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

The VP round 5 gal. drum is 9 7/8” in diameter

the VP round 5 gal. Plastic bottle is 11 1/2” diameter

the VP Square 5 gal. Plastic bottle is 10 x 10” square

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  14. Hyperdyne

Much appreciated. I ordered one of the square container from pit pal. we'll see how it works.

DBConz likes this.