1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel pump connections help needed!! (R6 tank swap)

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Rich lawrence, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Rich lawrence

Rich lawrence Member

I am converting my 14 r6 to the 17+ bodywork and tank. (Thanks to Yamabomber for the hookup on the subframe and stay), and I have run into an issue with the fuel pump connections from the 17+ tank to the 09-06 wiring harness. Connections are different Was wondering what folks have done to get around this. Thanks in advance.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

havent looked but is the fastening plate for the pump similar? I know from the 07-08+ change you had to clock the pump

3. Rich lawrence

Rich lawrence Member

New tank came with fastening plate and I bought a 17+ pump. Just need to figure out how to connect the wiring.

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

why wouldnt you just use the existing pump?

5. Rich lawrence

Rich lawrence Member

Doesn’t fit into the opening of the newer tank....

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Solder the 09-16 connectors to the new pump subharness? Depin the new connector and repin to the old one?

7. Rich lawrence

Rich lawrence Member

That’s pretty much what I was thinking, but was hopeful that there was a quick solution I was unaware of lol. Any idea what those connections are actually called?

8. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Not sure exactly what you mean. Do you mean where do you find new connectors on the internet? I was thinking you had the old pump and could just salvage those.

9. Rich lawrence

Rich lawrence Member

Attached Files:

10. Rich lawrence

Rich lawrence Member

Old connections on the left. New pump on right.

11. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I understand what those connections look like. Easiest way is to get a donor harness from a 17 on eBay and snip off the connector, then solder the connections from the old harness. You'll have pump power and ground, and sending unit power and ground. You can look here for a five pin female connector, but I don't see the proper one on here:

https://www.corsa-technic.com/index.php

Rich lawrence likes this.
  12. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Rich, let us know what you ended up doing just for future reference.