1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FT vs Roadracing championships

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Dec 3, 2020.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I watched a good many of the AFT races this year. I have not watched much in the past but my DVR recorded them since it was set to pick up every show listed as motorcycle racing. I enjoyed it, especially for watching those guys I consider roadracers, Beach, Eslick, Daniels, Gilliam, Rispoli even Pegram. Since Daniels and Rispoli won their respective championships, I wonder how they rate these championships compared to winning a MotoAmerica championship? I don't dirt track, never have as it just isn't a skill I have ever tried to develop, so I am not a judge of which is harder or which championship would be more satisfying.

lightning97 likes this.
  2. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I wish there was a way to bring back the old school version of an AMA Championship.

A single series that included:
    • road racing
    • flat track
    • TT - Tourist Trophy. Track had to feature left turn, right turn, and a jump.
    I believe those three are the parts of winning a Triple Crown - a win in each type. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sabre699, Blammo and backcountryme like this.
  3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

You’re referring to the “grand slam”
    Short track
    Tt
    Road race
    Mile
    1/2 mile.

nicky was last to almost get it done. He just needed a mile win.

lots of dirt trackers almost make it but obviously a lot harder these days.
    Jd beach or Roger Hayden would be the only ones to get it done in the near timeframe

stk0308 and YamahaRick like this.
  4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Since you do both well, which would give you the most satisfaction an FT championship or a roadracing championship at the pro level?

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I don’t think that can be answered.

I would have to assume that anyone winning any professional racing championship at the top of their sport discipline is a lifetime achievement.

from a personal standpoint, currently I’d rather win Flat Track compared to road race. A lot more viewers and potential income.

ask me the same thing in 2006ish and the answer would be completely different.

stk0308 likes this.