1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS Kawasaki KX 85 / 100 Mini motard

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by Gateman, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Gateman

Gateman Well-Known Member

Selling a KX 85 / 100 Mini motard. Has long CMRA history. Fast bike. Fun bike. Great for training riders 10 years old and up. Might even teach some older guys to get around the race track. 2009 3rd place in Mini endurance points championship bike. . Comes with a major assortment of spares also with a set up book for gearing, jetting, and additional info.

Located in Conroe, TX.

Contact # (936) 672-2672
    [email protected]

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

edit and add a price before your post is locked!

3. Gateman

Thanks for the heads up but, once I throw a figure of what we are asking for this bike some people are going to freak out. I have an extensive list of spares that brand new would cost somebody well over 5000.00 its self. A great deal of our parts are all brand new OEM still in the packaging., but we are cleaning out the garage and our loss is someone else gain. What I would like is for people to contact me so I can send them this list and what I am asking for the bike / spares package over email. ( I have about 5 pages on a word document plus the photos of the bike) I'm just trying to make the ad as short as possible.

BTW the KLX I have listed is the same way. You are a racer and you know what it is to have spares, we did mini endurance with the CMRA and boy do we have a lot of spares.

Thanks again.

Best regards.

Kevin Johnson
    TDK Motorsports
    Conroe, TX.

4. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

It's been a while since the classifieds left and came back, but I thought "this isn't an auction site - all items for sale must have a price." I could be confusing my forums though.

5. Gateman

Ok I will try and help you out here. I am not auctioning anything off. So I'll throw a bone here.

Here is a description.

Package KX 85 /100 Mini Motard

2005 KX 85 / 100 mini motard (small wheel)
    Has a clear Texas title
    Has a 2006 KX 100 motor in the chassis. Why a 100? There was a CMRA rule change.
    2005 KX 85 motor. This is a good motor. It is all good with no damage and the clutch and transmission is good. Cylinder and head is off the cases. Needs a nickiseal job.
    The 85cc Cylinder has a WRW Racing (Billy Weise) port job and a power valve.
    Jemco expansion chamber pipe with silencer. This is a down pipe (RS 125 style). It also has an exhaust gas temp sensor.
    Has a Mychron 4 mapping/tuner/lap timer/exhaust gas temp/ tell-tell/tach with water temp.
    The Mychron 4 can do all of what is listed above. (the best bolt on you will ever do to any 2 stroke).
    Has an IMS 2.25 gallon oversized fuel tank that will accept a Dry Brake System (great for endurance)
    Pro-Taper Schoolboy Hi bars.
    A larger KLR 650 front brake master cylinder with a steel braided line.
    A KX 125 /250F front brake caliper. (has bigger wider brake pads that last longer than the stock ones)
    A QTM 270mm cross drilled brake disc. (presently on the front wheel that you saw in the photo)
    JM Racing Suspension-fully adjustable front and rear shocks. Has 90 lbs front fork springs ( EX 250 ninja springs) machined down to really dial in the handling. Front forks are fully adjustable.
    Rear shock is stock with reservoir and a spring for a 130-135 lbs rider. Rear shock is fully adjustable.
    Fluidyne oversized radiator/ 30% larger than stock.
    Also radiator has water temp sensor installed.
    Stock 28mm carb is bored (oval shape) to appx. 30mm.
    Has V-Force 3 reed block induction.
    Air filter system is a simple UNI filter (long filter)
    Ceramic bearing in the motor. All of the bearings down to the 6mm water pump bearing are installed in both 2006 100 motor and 2005 85 motor.
    Mini motard wheels: Front, Excel black rim with Talon hubs and Buchanan heavy duty super moto spokes and nipples. Size: 2.50 x 17
    Front Talon Hub is a KX 125 / 250F. We chose to use this hub to accommodate the 270mm drake disk.
    There are custom made spacers to allow the KX 85/100 front axle bolt to integrate with the front forks.
    There is also a custom bracket made for the front brake caliper to align it correctly.
    Rear: Excel black rim with Talon hubs and Buchanan heavy duty spokes and nipples. Size: 3.50 x 17
    Both Talon hubs have ceramic bearings in them.
    Wheels were built by A&A Racing out of San Carlos, CA.
    Final drive sprockets are 420 pinch- some new some used front and rear PMP brand sprockets. These range from 44-36 tooth rear sprockets. We also have an assortment of counter shaft sprockets some are new as well.
    Has an aluminum custom drip pan
    We use smooth Harris grips
    Includes rear swingarm stand

Just the bike: $3150.00

The parts list is another 4 pages. It would crash this site.

If you want a full complete description of spares and photos please refer to the contact information listed at the top of this thread.

6. SCFoyil

SCFoyil New Member

7. Gateman

Pics coming your way.

8. The_Yakkis

The_Yakkis I used to think I was fast

Well that was a very gentleman like reaction to being "poked with a stick". I admire your toleration.

9. Gateman

Hey Yakkis, HHAhAhA. Yeah, I have pretty thick skin.

A quick up date here. We have decided to remove all the mini motard parts off the KX. Wheels, front brake, bracket, Jemco pipe, Mychron4, forks and rear shock set up. etc...... and put the bike back as a mx'er.

Those parts are up for grabs. The same goes for the KLX 140 /173cc mini listed here also. The motor is new in that chassis. My # is listed at the top 1st post on this thread if anyone is interested.

Tim J.