1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustrated with Windows?

Discussion in 'General' started by Knarf Legna, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

You know that guy has had that email for a long time and was just saving it for the right time to use it.

3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

BTW: Looking at what he had in the Add/Remove programs he was on Microsoft's Corporate network when he did this. Those Hotfix names aren't used in the public Windows Update.

4. Knarf Legna

It is a bit old, so view it as historical. Doesn't change the fact that BG thought Windows Update sucked. :D

I'm a bit amazed how out of touch with things he was, that's apparent.

5. JeF4y

JeF4y Sweet Tea & Grits!

Dude still isn't wondering where he's getting next month's mortgage from, so he's doing something right...

6. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Hopefully being confused and frustrated wasn't Bill's job every day. :D

Frank, which OS's do you use and which do you prefer? I think they all suck but it's a devil you know type of thing..

7. Knarf Legna

XP for my daily use and most development. Have a few Windows 2k machines around for a platform that doesn't demand anything more recent, OS X for iPhone development and Objective-C, and Red Hat for miscellaneous goofing off. FreeBSD and Solaris for Interwebs servers, Windows Server when I have to play with .NET, SQL Server, etc.

8. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

What's your take on Vista and Windows 7 beta?

9. Knarf Legna

Meh, more of the same. Nothing has really excited me so far, and I haven't had a good reason to use either, but that may change soon. Have a Vista machine that rarely gets booted.

BTW - what happend to the Windows Mojave ads? I chuckled at them - nothing like admitting that people had no idea about Vista. ;)

10. Spyderchick

I'm thinking my new build will be XP pro, they're offering support for long enough, so that should be a good bet. Do you have any info on when Windows 7 is supposed to hit the streets?

11. Knarf Legna

Nothing announced yet AFAIK, check out windows7news.com for all of the rumors.

12. Spyderchick

Cool, thanks.

13. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Ah hello...what product do I work on? :)

I don't think I'm supposed to say anything though but I'll say when I read an article saying Microsoft is expecting Windows 7 to be released by January 2010 I was reminded of the under promise over deliver mantra.

14. Knarf Legna

:D Then get off the beeb and get to work so you don't keep us waiting. ;)

15. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

What fun is that? :D