1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front wheel chock at the track

Discussion in 'General' started by BarryG, Sep 25, 2014.

1. BarryG

BarryG Well-Known Member

My mate used his new front wheel chock at a trackday last month, and after the second session, when his tyres (DOT) were pretty hot and sticky, rolled the bike (675) into the chock. He went to roll it back before the next session, and found the tyre stuck, the rubber obviously cooled onto the surface of the chock.
    What do you suggest we do to stop it sticking? Or should we just not use a chock in the pits, just leave it on the rear wheel stand?
    Cheers
    Barry

2. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

do you use tire warmers? if so how do you put them on without it being on a stand?

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Rear stand unless warmers..... then both stands....

4. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i use the baxley stand for transport in the bed of my truck, around the garage, sometimes at the track when working on front susp.

it does get sticky due to rolling in with hot tires. the best way to get it out when the tires have cooled is to put your purse down. :D

seriously, just give it a quick "snap" back to break the rubber loose, then roll out like you normally would.

5. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

get a old tshirt and slit it down the middle and stick it in the chock as a liner

6. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

I use my baxley on my trailer or in my truck. It does stick a little but normally my tires are cool by the time I roll it in. Only used it a few times early on when doing trackdays before I got warmers. Since then it's only ever stayed on the trailer or in the garage when riding bikes on the street.

7. BarryG

BarryG Well-Known Member

No, no tyre warmers.

it does get sticky due to rolling in with hot tires. the best way to get it out when the tires have cooled is to put your purse down.
    :crackup::crackup::crackup:
    I'll pass this on :D

Cheers
    Barry

8. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

When trying to get my bike out of the chock I just rock it side to side a bit to break the bond. Then it rolls out easily.

9. dasrider

dasrider 99 problems

Old t-shirt or a rag big enough to make a barrier between the tire and the chock surface.

10. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

The tee shirt doesn't end up inseparably glued to the hot tire? :confused:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's what I was thinking.

12. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

Baby powder

13. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Put a little grease on the Baxley and it will slip right out.

14. Happened to me many times. Pull on the bars with some man-up and it'll pop out. :D

15. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

this was my thought too, but I would be concerned that would work its way into the tire and harden it prematurely.

probably all in my head, but that's 90% of what holds me back on the track

16. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

crisco or spray on pam?

17. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

lol, not yet..... just kinda peels off.