1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friday before Barber - May 6

Discussion in 'General' started by 976-FIZR, Mar 23, 2011.

1. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Will there be any on-track activities at Barber the Friday before the May 7-8 regional? Bargy school/trackday? WERA trackday?

2. EJ999

EJ999 Well-Known Member

Sportbike Track Time will have an LED that day. Great opportunity to warm up for WERA fun. :up: Thanks to Richard Harris and the STT team for scheduling this.

http://www.sportbiketracktime.com/May-Track-Time-Events/

3. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

What lap times would you recommend to bump to Advanced on a LED and Pre-WERA day. I am VERY comfortable in regular STT advanced but wonder what these "practice" days are like. I don't want silly trafic to deal with but I also don't want to be the silly traffic for someone else either.

Thanks

Grant

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Hmmmmmmm goes UP for racers? Seems like STT will be taking advantage of us on that one. Wonder why the price would go up for having less instructors, only two groups, and less overall overhead in general. I love riding with STT cause NESBA sucks

5. grantcarruthers

Goes up for more track time and less participants to charge. Seemed reasonable enough to me.

6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

No thanks. I'll use the Sat practices and the solo race to get re-acquainted. Another $250 puts the trip to Barber over budget.

7. Excellent :up:

Gotta see if Lora can get off work an extra day; if she can i will have to do that.

8. No doubt. $250 for over 3 solid hours of track time (assuming somebody runs every session) is a pretty damn good deal.

9. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

$250 plus the membership?

10. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Is that a midget mustang or an RV-4 in your avatar?

11. grantcarruthers

RV-4. 160 HP O-320. Damn good time. Bought it flying. Got to the wings of an -8 and life got in the way. Someday.

12. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

A single day at Barber with all three groups and 20 min sessions is $215. Well worth the additional $35 IMO. Barber is incredible and expensive to rent.

13. EJ999

EJ999 Well-Known Member

Here is what they say on the STT site:

"The Advanced/Licensed Racer Practice skill level will be run as a normal race practice. Participants signing up for this group are recommended to have a race license or past racing experience. For normal Advanced STT riders who may not feel comfortable with fast, aggressive, close passing riding, please sign up for Intermediate skill level at this event. This practice/lapping day is designated for the customer who wants to increase endurance, speed and technique all at the same time.

***Please note, we will be monitoring these sessions closely. We reserve the right to move ANY rider from one group to another at ANY time for safety reasons."

I hope that helps.

14. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

that's what i'm guessing because i remember last year at a couple of the trackdays i did, it said "*no membership required for this event" at the bottom of the listing. dont see that here. i know monte made a couple special exceptions for racers last year bit i dont know if mr. harris is planning to do the same

15. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Forecast calls for rain on May 6 with Sat and Sun clear and in the low 80s with a gentle breeze.:D

16. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

That's weird, the forecast I saw said low 80s with a gentle breeze on the 6th and 7th with all day showers on Sunday :crackup:

17. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

What is the on-track schedule for Friday? When are bikes on course, when's lunch, how long is lunch and when is the day over?

Thanks.

18. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

hour

19. Joe barton

Joe barton Well-Known Member

Any damage at Barber from the storms? Thx Joe B

20. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

The forecast right now say 0% precip and it will remain that way on pain of death to weather.com

http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USAL0317

I am not driving 11 hours to do another weekend in the rain, I already did that this past weekend.

So recap, weather will be good, there will be no rain, otherwise I'll throw a temper tantrum