1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frame Slider

Discussion in 'General' started by bookmd, Sep 19, 2002.

1. bookmd

bookmd Well-Known Member

Got a new (to me) SV and now need frame sliders.
    I hear Intuitive is the way to go...
    but what's with this regular vs pro thing...?
    Are the pro's worth it...and if so, why?

Eric

2. caf1972

caf1972 Well-Known Member

www.axljak.com

The new oval pucks are the way to go.

Chuck Fowler

3. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Axl Jax seem like the best I've seen. I think MB is re-selling them or selling a knock-off for a bit more money.

I've got a real axe to grind with Intuitive since I bought a set of "Regular" sliders for my ZX9R. The "Regular" set uses bodywork mounting holes instead of requiring any drilling which really appealed to me. However, when I crashed, the first thing to break off the bike was the slider (the turn signal even made it). I called to find out why this had happened and was told that Intuitive does no testing on their products so they were happy for the feedback. WTF!?!?!? The representative went on to say that I really shouldn't have expected a bodywork sized fastener to have worked anyway (even though that's what was supplied in the kit). I was fuming but what could I do!? What I took away from that, and the reason I'm posting this here, is that the "Regular" stuff is mearly vanity equipment as far as Intuitive is concerned.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2002
  4. gypsy99

gypsy99 Well-Known Member

The "pro" uses the engine mounting bolt that goes through to the other side. It does not rely on any mounting tabs. The kit I believe included the longer engine mounting bolt and to frame sliders.

5. GStar

GStar Dark Helmet

I've smashed mine 3 times on the Intu. stuff ("Pro" Sliders). They seem to work just fine so far.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I got a set of Pro-tek's for my SV. came with no instructions.So I assumed they were front engine mounts.I was wrong! After fitting the body, found out that the right side doesn't even come close to protecting anything.They are rear motor mount ones. This means you have to cut the shit out of the main support of the upper. Don't like that. The Intutive's I saw had a spacer the shimed out the slider by 2 inches.I liked that, but am wondering about crash worthyness.