1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

formula 1 composites body work?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by teambastrd07, Sep 25, 2011.

1. teambastrd07

teambastrd07 Well-Known Member

just wondering if anyone has ran this body work and if so what the fit,finish, and overall quality is.

2. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

I've got them.

Mounted up with no modifications. They're a little on the thin side, but I didn't reinforce them and they held up well when I threw my bike down in 13 at JGP.

Repaired and repainted just fine.

For the money, I'm happy with them.

First painted/mounted:
    [​IMG]

Getting back out a couple sessions after I crashed them:
    [​IMG]

Repaired and repainted:
    [​IMG]

3. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

Is that the cheap stuff from ebay? I got some but haven't mounted/painted yet.... Priced at $265 shipped I think? or was it $365?

4. gman350

gman350 Well-Known Member

I put a set on a 2009 R6R. They are pretty thin & where they had been trimmed & had divots for mounting holes wasn't particularly accurate. They also showed up pre-cracked in a couple spots for my convenience. But for $265 what do you expect? I used Krylon Fusion on them & they looked pretty good.

[​IMG]

They seem to crash alright, far as I know current owner was gonna use them.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  5. gman350

gman350 Well-Known Member

Also they don't get made until you buy them. Took a week to get an answer on whether they had shipped yet, that was when I found out they were in the process of being made.

6. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

That would explain why I got high just walking through the garage after they arrived....

7. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

Yep. $265 shipped.

8. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Had a set on an '06 GSXR1K awhile back.

They were good for exactly one lowside - every mounting point on the impact side shattered beyond reasonable repair.