1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those who leak oil onto the race track...

Discussion in 'General' started by Lizard 1, Jun 4, 2002.

1. mad brad

mad brad Guest

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA> I KNEW IT!!!!

2. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

Watch it Ronny, or I'll tell them what you do with the elephant

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lessee here....

The only time we make 100% sure we have a crash truck is for the Nationals.

At SE regionals we have a number of riders willing to help out running the crash truck or s lot of times WERA's quad with a trailer. We only have one quad and I can only be at so many races. If someone were willing to donate a quad and trailer we'd gladly trade some PA time and signage for it.

Summit Point is the ONLY track with a set group of cornerworkers who have their own equipment. Even at Summit we're going to start limiting when the truck runs because it is causing too much downtime during the day. Even at the Nationals we will bury a bike if retrieving it will take too long, this is a normal thing. Luckily at most of the races with the crash quad we can retrieve machines without affecing the races going on, with a full size truck we are reluctant to do it the same way although we have a number of times - that however is 100% reliant on a good experiences truck crew.

One other thing - if a riders bike is fixable enough to race again 99.9% of the itme it can be ridden in. This is soemthing the Endurance teams are used to but sprint riders aren't. At least 50% of our trucked in bikes could have been ridden in saving time and effort.... If it can't be ridden and the rider does have another race we will do our best to get the bike in - Sublet has done this for as long as I've been involved in racing.

4. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

Well, my SRX was mostly fine, but have you ever tried to bump start an SRX with no clutch lever? It would have run, I just couldn't get it started. :( If the bike had been retrieved, I would have made all of my other races. Was I just part of the 0.01%

It's water under the bridge and I'm not complaining, just saying. Oh, and my latest bike has a starter on it!

Sure. And doing the best to get the bike in is allowing retrieval vehicles out during red flags and allowing safe movement around a hot track. I've been allowed to push the bike in from many different spots at Putnam but there are a few that you just can't push in from.

Generally speaking, having a fixable bike stuck on the track all day is very rare. Hell, they went through all the C and B classes with no red flags that day! Go figure. :rolleyes:

5. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: For those who leak oil onto the race track...

There's a difference between constructive criticism and calling someone a "bumble assed corner worker for a day dip shit"

6. WERA

WERA Administrator

Sorry to hear about the bike being easy to fix and stuck. Did you have another race to run that day and if so did you make Rich aware of that? I've never seen them leave a bike out that had more races, doesn't mean it didn't happen though.

I really like having the crash quad and I do wish we could have more of them.

7. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

Buy me one and I'll take a break form my other duties to retrieve [​IMG]

8. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

Yeah, Rich knew. It's all good, Sean. It was just a bad weekend for me anyway all around. Better to have one whole weekend shot to hell than to spread the pain through the whole season! ;)

It really is rare to have a bike that can race later stuck out there.

BTW, am I still a novice? :)

9. mickey

mickey Well-Known Member

Greg,
    Nice to see you out from under your rock. :)

Randy was stuck out in dead bear at this past regional - luckily there was only one race left in the day. He was very hot and very thirsty by the time we were able to go out and get him.

10. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

:D

I'm assuming he didn't miss any races then?

Y'all headed to Nelson on 6/22-23?

11. mickey

mickey Well-Known Member

Nope. Didn't even miss any of his race - it was on the cool down lap. Apparently the bike was done racing for the day.

We are going to miss the next Nelson - we opted for Hawaii instead.

12. Greg Gabis

Greg Gabis Slow Traffic

Sometimes they just get tired.

What?!?! Hawaii?!?!?! What does Hawaii have that Nelson doesn't? Oh that's right, everything!

Have fun. Probably won't see y'all til the last Putnam.

13. Blonde Ambition Racer

Blonde Ambition Racer Well-Known Member

AH! SO I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT CRASHES ON THE COOL DOWN LAP!
    HA HA HA HA!!!:D

BTW, have fun in Hawaii, you two.
    Maybe we'll catch you at Nelson around Labor Day, if Greg races then.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2002
  14. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Hey Pam, I thought BAR screen name was only used for tacky "what I would do for sponsorship" postings :D

JUST KIDDING!!!

15. Blonde Ambition Racer

Blonde Ambition Racer Well-Known Member

I have BBS "issues" with the work computer & home computer. I don't know what's up. At work I can login & post under Pam_G. Then at home when I try to login under Pam_G and try to post, it won't work. Even if I make sure I logout at work. If something with the cookies is screwed up, I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm somewhat of a computer "virgin" when it comes to that kind of stuff.

BTW, I have yellow "Blonde Ambition Racing" decals on my trailer.