1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the road bike peeps

Discussion in 'General' started by wsmc42, Aug 17, 2011.

1. ofcounsel

ofcounsel Above the Law

One of our WCGPC guys, Peter Wilson, did last Tuesday's OTH race. He had a blast. Heck, he's got my fat ass riding mountain bikes with him a few times a week now : ) Watch out Zambo, once I loose half my body weight riding that darned MTB, I'm really gonna bring it!

2. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

You Southern CA guys... Saturday there is a get together at The Hub in Idyllwild. This bike shop is owned by Brendan and Mary who also own Siren Bicycles. Mary has a bit of cred... she was the first female ever to finish the Tour Divide Race.

We're gonna hit Hurkey Creek and some local single track. Heading out from the shop at 9AM.

3. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

The SL4 is a nice bike!

I was set to test ride one this week.

Instead I bought a Cervelo S2 with SRAM Red for 20% off.

I put 250 miles on it last week!

4. Strickette

Strickette Katy, TX

Very nice ride. I tested a Tarmac last week and I really liked it - very stiff and responsive, but then I rode the Cervelo S2 and all I could say was "Woo-Hoo, I found my ride."

Picked her up Monday night, broke her in tonight and loved every minute of it - even with 107 degrees and 15+ mph winds. She will be ready to race the Hotter 'N Hell road race and crit next weekend. I can only hope to one day be able to race it as fast as its meant to be ridden.

Gotta love a new bike! :clap::clap:

5. Strickette

Strickette Katy, TX

:up:

6. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

nice bike dude. i had a Kuota Kebel with all Red shit and Cosmic Carbone SL's. it was 14.6lbs. while i loved that thing, i'm having infinitely more fun mtb'ing i do believe. BUT damn do you realize what you had after you go for a 15mi. bike ride on the street with a 25lb. mtb with big tires. i miss 20mph cruising.

also i don't like speedplay's ONE bit at all. not at all. yesterday i just snapped the spring in half on my eggbeaters tho, so i picked up some Shimano AM style XT pedals instead of more eggbeaters... infinitely better feeling.

7. The Undertaker

The Undertaker Well-Known Member

I thought I was sorta fast. Then I did the Over the Hump race, and got a warm slice of.humble pie.

8. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Pat, I ride my 1999 Raleigh R600. I'm jealous.