1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For all you SV endurance guys

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by benprobst, Dec 27, 2005.

1. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Hey all, i have a quick question for anyone willing to answer. How many gallons is it taking most of you sv endurance teams to make it about 1 hr 10 mins? The bike is 1st gen, will be making somewhere in the 80 hp range, probably a little under.

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You should be able to do that with a stock tank.

3. benprobst

sv edurance

Is that a should? as in, you think? or a yes? dont mean to be rude or anything i just need to figure out if im going to send of my tank, build my own, or buy a fiber or carbon one the same size as stock. any help or sharing your experience and what worked best for your sv endurance bike would be great.

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You can do the math. On the average, with 6.2 gallons we did 1hr 50 minutes. With a 700cc engine.When I first started endurance racing with my 03 stock SV ,70 minutes was not a problem at Road Atlanta, with a stock tank.

5. benprobst

sv endurance

alright, thanks for the help, now i just wish i could have gotten ahold of flypigs tank, so i didnt have to build my own.

6. paul

paul just fast enough

Why do you want to go 1hr 10 mins. You should try for 1 hr 20 mins so in a 4hr race you only need to stop twice.

7. benprobst

sv

Thats what i thought i typed, guess i went a little to fast.

8. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

from my experience fuel milage will depend on track and who is twisting throttle.
    there was track where I rode and made only 77 minutes on 6.5 gallons.on another track we made 89 minutes with 7.3 gallons.this two are worst examples I run in to.but it is posible :)

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Flat Slides tend to do that:Poke:

10. TWF2

actualy first one was stock carbs and second one was FI :Poke: :)

11. TWF2

first one was 24hr at willows,run out of gas in first stint,of course oposite side of pits :)

12. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Zoran 1

Gary 0

:D

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Ah, Willow would explain it.I was so pissed about that radiator, that I threw my notes away.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  14. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

Is that the radiator that you still have not paid me for????
    :Poke: :Poke:

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Nope, that's still sitting on my shelf.Larry told me you told me I could have it, instead of me slashing your tires:p

16. benprobst

sv oil return

Hello everyone and happy new year. Has anyone installed their oil return block off on a first gen sv. If so did you use the part that was supplied by suzuki, i know it is no longer being manufactured by suzuki, but if any used it do you happen to have the part number. Or, if anyone split the cases and made one themselves, what shape or size did you have the most luck with.

17. TWF2

part number is 11391-20F20
    check around,if nobody can get you one get back to me.

18. benprobst

thanks

alright, thanks alot, i will start calling around

19. 92excel

92excel Well-Known Member

Ben are you guys going to Jennings? Matt Macheca

20. benprobst

Hey Matt

No i dont think so, our first race should be talladega. then i think we are planing to do about 4 or 5 endurances busted up by a about the same number of ccs sprints. i think i would also like to show up at a couple of wera sprints to try and grab a couple of top 5's and qualify to do the gnf's. My dad really wants to run the day/night race at nelson. Maybe we will have the R1 together by then, since ya know, you dont like those damned slow sv's.