1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

for all 125/250 riders

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by tingle74, Oct 28, 2001.

1. tingle74

tingle74 Well-Known Member

This is for all 125 and 250 riders in North America. Rumor has it
    (not yet confirmed) that AMA may discontinue their 250 class next
    year. Formula USA has expressed an interest in having GP classes in
    their series.

This year, Formula USA picked up the remaining GPRA events when GPRA
    lost it's main sponsorship. There was a separate class for 125's and
    250's. Formula USA is making plans for next season.

Please send an e-mail to Kenny Abbott at F-USA to let him know you
    would be interested in running all or part of the series. All they
    care about is getting reasonable grids and putting on a class event.
    That's what we want and we should be happy to accommodate them.

Kenny can be reached at:

Kenny Abbott
    Road Race Manager
    National Road Race Series -
    [email protected]
    T)630.566.6420
    M)630.865.6420

Thanks,

Richard Marencin

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Isn't that the same FUSA that said in a press release earlier this year that they would not be having the 125 or 250 classes next year?

Sorry but I'm tired of people forgetting the we already have and have had for many years a National 125 and 250 class...

3. TZ925

TZ925 I do it for His glory!

Don't worry Mongo, I'll be running your National 250/F2 class next year as well as the AMA stuff.

I'm doing my part to bring more riders to the 250 ranks. The contingencies blow though. Kobe leathers, Metzler/Pirelli, Bridgstone and that's it. Us GP guys are DEFINATELY not doing this for the money! Any chance of a few more bones for us next year?

Monty

4. CharlieM#90

CharlieM#90 Well-Known Member

You DID go by Silkolene.com at the GNF, didn't you? They wouldn't commit to sayin that the 250 class would get contingencies next year but did give me a most excellent price quote on a case of Pro 2.
    IF we want sponsors for the class, it helps to contact 'em so they know how many of us there are..........

Charlie Mc #90

5. TZ925

TZ925 I do it for His glory!

Why, yes I did go see the folks at Silkolene. Audrey was pretty cool and seemed to enjoy what she was doing.
    I hope they have something worthwhile planned, every little bit helps.

Monty

6. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member

This "Pro National" stuff is all the talk over on the 125GP list. Well, not being interested in any more travel than I'm doing and being as I'm happy running club stuff in Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana, I haven't responded to it. But, WERA has had high level national competition in 125GP for years. It sort of leaves out the west coast guys, but they do have AFM and that out there, don't they?

I don't think 125 or even 250 will gain a lot of fan interest in the future. Sure, it's pure racing for pure racers and we all love it for that, but the sport bikes attract the attention and sales and that's where the big money will continue to be. I kinda like the 125s being the way they are. WERA 125 nationals are big time enough. There never will be big money in it and that actually attracts me to 125 racing even more because I can afford to do it. I could never afford 600SS or 750SS or any other AMA pro class even if I were young and fast enough to worry about it. The more money there is in the sport, the more you have to spend to keep from being a back marker. It's sort of a catch 22.

It'll be sad to see 250 go, if it does, from the AMA. It is the last of the two-stroke pro classes, the pure race bike class. Spectators can see 600s at their dealer show rooms. GP is exotic, but it seems to get little respect anymore.

7. tingle74

tingle74 Well-Known Member

Hey Sean(didn't mean to step on your toes) [​IMG] [​IMG]. I'm with Monty I'll be running WERA too, him & I have some more battling to do(like this year). Just want to get more two strokes involved to have even more fun..

Donnie