1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Florida Trailer question

Discussion in 'General' started by mikek, Jul 15, 2005.

1. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

I was told by a friend tonite that he was chased down and 'inspected&chastized' by 2 FL Highway Patrol officers, for not stopping at a weight station on I-95. He was driving a Cherokee and pulling an empty horse trailer. FHP officers said ALL enclosed trailers, vans, etc had to stop at weight station.

Anybody know exactly what the Flordia regs. are concerning enclosed trailers carrying motorcycles?

2. lance

lance Well-Known Member

you haft to stop at the agriculture barns for inspection I know but weigh station I am not sure of

3. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

Traveling interstate if over 10,000 gross truck and trailer you must stop regardless of state (some states do not enforce this though) if it is some sort of commercial enterprise (actual defintion in the furtharance of commerce)

If you are in your homestate then the limits can be raised to as much as 26,000 before having to stop at weigh station.

4. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The agricultural inspection is for anyone transporting plants/fruit/livestock (says so on the signs). You do not have to stop in a normal race trailers.

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Unless you're a team of hog racin' cherry pickin' fruits...