1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fire?!?!?

Discussion in 'General' started by G8rDuc, Jun 24, 2013.

1. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

Ok, so I had a Metalhead moment this weekend at Jennings. Hadn't emptied my belly pan in awhile and needless to say, it was holding a garbage bag's worth of rubber in it...so much that it started a fire against my header. Black flag points at me and I'm thinking, "What? What'd I do now?" I pull off in two and the guy comes at me with a fire extinguisher. There was a small bbq flame going on in my belly pan. I hop off, hold the bike up and he starts to spray. No damage besides my lungs and everything was cleaned off and buttoned back up, but lesson learned. Don't try to cook lunch while on the track. :tut:

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I was at Mid Ohio for a trackday Friday afternoon. Our session gets re flagged for an accident two lap in and we all pull into hot pit. I was the last guy to pull into the pit and I notice a brand new BMW S1000R that has smoke coming out of the fairings. I pull up between him and his buddy, who also happens to be riding a brand new S1000R and point down at his motor. His friend then notices the smoke and jumps off his bike to investigate. I'm busy trying to tell the guy that his motor is smoking and he is trying to explain to me that its just the WD40 he used to clean his exhaust pipes when his friend reaches into his belly pan and pulls out a smoldering rag. That dude owes his buddy "BIG" time. I wonder what his deductible is? Apparently the rag was one he had used to protect his bike from scratches when he tied it down an it had got forgotten. This was the second session, so he had already run it through tech and one other session without it being noticed or catching totally on fire. One lucky SOB!