1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fining "Human Shields".....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ZebProctor1, Aug 11, 2003.

1. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

Agree that they should be fined or disagree????
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,94366,00.html
    "A retired schoolteacher who went to Iraq to serve as a "human shield" (search) against the coalition invasion is facing thousands of dollars in U.S. government fines, which she is refusing to pay."

I say, if she doesn't like good ole america, we should provide her with a one-way ticket to any country of her choice, along with her signature on a citizenship revokal form.....

2. Naw twelve years of Buellah Ballbuster cramming a broomstick up her butt in jail will give her plenty of time to think about her mistake!!!

:up:

3. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Nail the bitch!! She's probably a commie. And she probably traded with Saddam and provided him with Intel and weapons support too. Oh, nevermind. . . that was Reagan, Rumsfeld & Co.

What irony it is that you Radical Rightwingers are so keen on nailing grandma when I'm sure there's a photo of Rumsfeld shaking hands with Saddam somewhere.

Rodger

4. ZebProctor1

shaking his hand and thinking to himself how funny it is that they're about to bomb the shit out of him.... meanwhile, dumb bitch lady is a moron who has nothing better to do than go to iraq to try and get her point across, unfortunately, she lives in a democracy, and needs to realize that her view isn't right/popular so sit down and shut up...

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Show me a picture of Rumsfeld not obeying the sanctions and I'll agree that he needs to fined or jailed as well.

She broke the law, she gets punished - how hard is this stuff to understand? Or shouldn't she be punished since she disagreed with the law?

6. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Simple rule. You break the law and get caught...you pay the price. Fine, jail or both. Looks like her SS check will be a little lite for a while.

7. ZebProctor1

Ah, she'll probably sue...... I would be 5 to 1 that she wins too...:rolleyes:

8. Shyster d'Oil

You guys have missed the obvious: It is a true moral irony that this idiot will face financial ruin for her prospective hobby of shrapnel absorbing, whereas it is totally OK for Rumsfeld and Reagan (in the '80s, Zeb) to support Saddam (both directly and materially).

So shut your whiny gobs and think about the moral absurdity rather than make pathetic reactionary and coveniently forgetful drivel.

Rodger

9. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

What section of the Constitution gives the Feds the authority to tell people where they can and cannot travel or spend their money? My copy is missing that section and it also contains a section that explicitly says that powers not spelled out are retained by the individual states or the people themselves. I don't see any caveats on exactly where one is free to assemble so I don't think she did anything wrong.

Yeah, I think she's a twit for doing it, but I don't see anything wrong with it.

10. mad brad

mad brad Guest

it would be just like impeding justice here in the states.

fuck her. she signed over her rights when she tried to get in the way.

rodger.... never mind.

11. Shyster d'Oil

I agree with MTK 100% on this one.

Mike, i bet you never thought that was going to happen!;)

Rodger

12. ZebProctor1

give her a nice little watch with a transponder in it.... tell her to press the red button on it whenever she sees anyone that looks like saddam :D

13. Shyster d'Oil

I'll buy the watch. maybe she has a sister for Osama.

14. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

I don't have a problem with her going either. But the issue is, did she break the law. If she did then she should pay. No excuses. The Constitution doesn't protect her from law breaking.

2nd Amendment to the Constitution says you have a right to bear arms. Try bearing them on a tour though the White House. You'll find real fast that Amemdment won't help you for a second. Nor should it.

15. mad brad

mad brad Guest

the same constitution that outlaws going to cuba and buying their cigars. are you clowns for real?

IMO she is guilty of nothing less than treason, and it's a damn shame she didn't get her ass shot off.

16. ZebProctor1

funny how most "americans" nowadays have no loyalty to america... part of the downside of the whole "melting pot" thing.......

17. Shyster d'Oil

The constitution does not outlaw travel Brad, and the Supreme Court has some dubious decisions re freedom of travel that even rightwing nuts like you have trouble with.

What is the treasonous part of what she did? Stupid yes, but not as bad as telling the Shiites to rise up against Saddam and tehn abandoning them to Iraqi slaughter (Bush #1, in case you forgot).

In the grand scheme of things this woman is a non-issue.

I'm getting bored.

Rodger

18. Shyster d'Oil

I agree, those furiners she all be sent back to where they came from. Loyalty to 'merica hasn't been great since before the rednecks tried to tear the country apart in the Civil war.

19. mad brad

mad brad Guest

if our forefathers could see what you and your like have translated their law into..........

obviously there is someone in the business of law more astute than yourself rodger, cause the benedict whore is paying with her social security. but go on the hill and fight if you want. better yet, throw yourself in front of a marine batallion. :p

20. Shyster d'Oil

The fact that she pays this fine with your tax dollars gives me some small satisfaction.:clap: :D

Re Benedict Arnold: My great-great-great-great-great-something grandfather was one of the group who helped capture his co-treasonists