1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FIM Vint Championship in June

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by FED34FIRE, May 6, 2003.

1. FED34FIRE

FED34FIRE Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever raced at the FIM Vintage Championship at Loudon? Thinking of going. If so are there classes for Vintage 4, 5, and 6 Bikes?

2. triumphman

triumphman Well-Known Member

I went a few years back and it was a very good event.Im not sure about there classes,check out uscra web site.Noise is a isue at that event .good luck TIM

3. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

I got a email back from a tech person and was told that I would have to change fron 17" to 18" wheels to run in what we would call V5. That would involve the cost of rims tires the remounting if possible brake rotors and callipers our, different ones. That is a lot of change for one race and not a lot of time to practice with a new set up.
    I think I will have to pass, even though I will be in that area at the time of the race. To bad I would have really liked to run that event.
    If WERA is giving points, how can the do it if some of there WERA bikes are not eligible to run because in this other class structure? Not only the rim size but a lot of different bike size differences.

4. FED34FIRE

FED34FIRE Well-Known Member

I got the same info. I can't mount 18" wheels on my bike. I've been trying to run with USCRA for two years now. Loudon is close to me so I'd have there and Summit(WERA) to run. They tell you to send a letter and photo to be considered. They called me but my bike is an 86'. There cut off is 82'. I get the feeling they don't feel some of the Vintge V bikes are actually Vintage. Sounded like it would be a fun event to attend. Anyway, thanks for the info.

5. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

Did anyone attend? How was it?