1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feng Shui for a commercial building

Discussion in 'General' started by iagsxr, Oct 20, 2013.

1. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

Anyone here know Feng Shui? I'm building a new business/toy shop. Steel-clad so limited color choices. North facing, south sitting.

What I came up with;

Bronze(almost black) roof = constant flow of positive energy from what I gather

Clay/beige walls = wood element

Black shutters; mainly facing North and West

Going to paint the North-facing entry door to the office like a blue/green. Blue because that's what color it's supposed to be. Slightly green to attract wealth.

From what I've read this should be super harmonious, just looking for I don't know what, someone that's into this stuff to say it's OK.

2. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

Totally ghey.

3. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

This post for real...?

If so, nekkid pics of Rossi all over the beige walls.

4. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Some people just dont get it. lol

Start paying attention to the colors of the walls as you go about your day. Everything from educational institutions, Govt buildings, restaurants, office buildings etc etc. Lots of pre planning in most places in regards to color, artwork and plant life.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah but all that planning is mostly bullshit :D The studies contradict each other quite a bit if I remember right (no clue why but I looked into that stuff at one point). There are some basics that hold true like pale blue/green being calming compared to red and so on.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Feng Shui? That's Presler's real name.

7. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

Go to Hong Kong and they take that stuff very seriously.....
    I think there is some merit to it, how you site a project, finishes, etc.

8. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Don't know about that Feng Shui stuff.

Get yourself a nice antique Hooker Furniture Executive desk and leather back seat( feel like a Boss!!)

For my office I set it up with a light mushroom wall paint and Pergo flooring, since I like to be bare foot if I'm just sitting at my desk/computer. Around the room I have some really cool Seevert Motorcycle prints in custom frames, a bunch of other stuff in sight that keeps me in check and motivates me. My Dad's watch, a little bronze Buddha that he found during his time in Vietnam. Pics of my kids/wife/friends/family and some customers. Shifter knob from my old Hemi. I need to keep my office clean an organized and I really need to have stuff around me to keep my focus on goals/what I'm really working for.

Natural lighting and a plant or too help

9. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Place no drainpipes on south wall to prevent positive energy from escaping.

10. iagsxr

iagsxr Well-Known Member

I'd researched Feng Shui all of about a half hour when I posted that. What I know for sure is that I hate the look of most metal buildings and that some places are more harmonious than others.

What's funny is some of the things that I want in my building but don't know how to articulate to the builders have been somewhat covered in the little bit I've read. So there's some methodology there whether it's Chi or that humans react predictably to certain stimuli.

11. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Larry Crowne knows! :D