1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Prescription Pain Killer for all you highsiding pill poppers!

Discussion in 'General' started by RoadracerR123, May 11, 2009.

1. RoadracerR123

RoadracerR123 Well-Known Member

Had shoulder surgery and got a huge prescription of vicodine.

I felt like a crackhead for about a week when the pain was the worst. Itchy, constipated, nauseous...I have since sworn off vicodine.

Wanted to get some info on what my fellow roadracing friends use after a big off. :D

2. 02R6

02R6 The dude abides

Give percocet a shot. Combine it with your favorite spirit for maximum effect. That seemed to work best after my highside at The Beave.

3. snowman_audio

snowman_audio Well-Known Member

I am allergic to codine so most pain pills are out. I will only taken them if i cant stand the pain anymore. But then i am sick for 3 days after using it one time, so i tend to stay away.

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Ibuprofen. I took like 1/3 of a vicoden while drinking, heavily, in high school once. Never again. I like to eat jelly, not feel like it. :Puke:

5. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Percocet worked well after my big off a few years back. That's for pain; for an anti-inflammatory Celebrex is the choice de jour. For CT surgery I just had, Vicodine was prescribed and I've had no problems with it.

6. Tyler B

Tyler B Well-Known Member

Pills are for little girls. I've got a closet full of that stuff and it's all useless. Intravenous medications are where it's at.

7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Oxycodone 10mg with 750 Ibuprofen every three hours.

8. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

while lying in the hospital with my pelvis cracked in 3 places, and a morphine pump, the morphine wasnt doing shit for me. A friend came in, saw how much pain i was in, gave me 800mg of ibuprofen (script strength), and within an hour i got up out of the hospital bed under my own power and very little pain.

Think about it, if something is inflamed, you need to get rid of the inflammation, not just mask the pain with painkillers. I left the hospital with a script of all kinds of pain killers, and never got them filled. Ibuprofen is THE only thing i'll take for pain anymore. Just remember not to take it on an empty stomach, not because it will make you sick, but because if you take it too often on empty stomach, it can/will give you an ulcer.

edit: as a matter of fact, just 2 weeks ago, a co-worker came back to work after being off for 2 weeks with knee surgery. He was complaining to me of how much pain he was in (i could see his knee had swollen from what it was that morning). He told me he had 2 different pain meds, hadnt even tried Ibuprofen. Went home that evening, took 800 mg., came in the next morning and damn near kissed me. Said thats the best he'd felt since before the surgery.

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  9. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

percs, vic or loratab. if they make you itch just take a benbdryl with them. hydrocodone dont make me itch, oxycodone does!

10. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

After my crash at RRR I tried a couple [Jesse's emergency ward prescription] Loritabs, seemed to work OK but Brenda took our Loritabs away.

After that the pain would come back but only in sitting position--like riding a street bike. Max told me to start exercising to get rid of the pain: I started doing pushups and the pain went away after a few days.

I quit doing pushups and about a month later the pain came back-I started doing pushups again and the pain went away again.

11. RoadracerR123

RoadracerR123 Well-Known Member

I felt like a total crack head while on vic. I was itching all over! It reminded me of a chappelle show. "I smoke rocks bitch!"

12. runfromme

runfromme Well-Known Member

i would love to know what they shot me up with when i highsided at VIR in March...i'll have to ask the nurse, she's my friend on facebook now lol

13. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

with both broken collar bones and surgery, I was giving hydrocodone (synthetic codine). It dulled the pain, but I could still drive my manual truck to work 45 minutes commute.

14. 800mg ibu's. The rest is too addictave.

15. porkyb

porkyb Chasing LWT Twins

Sunday ..Took "Aleve" when I broke My collar bone,
    Tuesday After my surgery took Loritab stopped it on Thursday.
    Now Having A "Rogue" Dead guy Ale :beer:

16. t-lovely

t-lovely Member

true on the vics being ineffective... the past two "substantial" injuries got prescribed stuff... found 800 mg. ibuprofen 3X daily to be most effective.

17. thefastlife1

thefastlife1 thefastlifemotorsports

after my high side at beaver I was prescribed the 800mg Ibuprofen, worked well.

18. Steverin06

Steverin06 Well-Known Member

+1. Taking 800mgs of the profen as we speak. It is the bomb, and does more than pain relief.

19. Oak

Oak Thiamist Altar Boy

Gotta agree with the Ibuprofen guys. 3 advils usually cure anything for me.

20. racerfranz

racerfranz All done

Spent a month in hospital after major get off in `91, femur, pelvis, humerus, collarbone, fingers...etc. started with Morphine ( in the er) then Demorall, Percoden, percocet, and down...(vicden or percocet was a joke after the Demorall) Had to ween myself off that stuff, too easy to become a junkie.

Eat lots of black beans,(good fiber, my wife is latina, keeps me regular:crackup:) and use as little pain killers as possible. Naproxen sodium is pretty good. You will heal faster, and not overuse your effected limbs, I did, and the screws started backing out of my arm, healed crooked.
    I spent three months in wheel chair as well after I got out of the hospital, because I broke everything on same side of body. was a real basket case, on disability for 5 months. Thank God I was in the Union! Careful, get off that sh@t as soon as possible.

edit: just actually read Todd Clark's post :stupid:

That prescription strength 800mg. Ibuprofen is the Shit.

Last edited: May 11, 2009