1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite MotoGP press conference quotes

Discussion in 'General' started by I'm with Stupid, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Over the years there's been some truly memorable remarks at MotoGP press conferences. After the 2015 season, it was obvious that the riders were told to tone it down, so I doubt we'll see the epic slays of the past.

Here are my top three favorites from this decade:

1. Stefan Bradl on the Gay Racer controversy from a few years ago - "If it made me faster, I would try it."

2. Marco Simoncelli, on Lorenzo's comment that something bad would happen if Simoncelli kept up his aggressive racing style - "I will be arrested."

3. Dani Pedrosa, on the same topic - ""In Estoril he was laughing about maybe someone will arrest him. Maybe he needs that because I tell you, his head has nothing but hair."

Let's see some of your favorites.

2. henryw3

henryw3 Member

Colin on stage at Silverstone 2011...

3. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

What did Rossi say? Something like: "It takes balls to switch to Ducati. We will see Jorge at Yamaha next year."

4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

My fav isn't from a press conference but when Rossi on the Duc dive bombed Stoner and Casey told him his ambition outweighed his talent in front of all those people and cameras, that was awesome.

stk0308, Steeltoe and Phl218 like this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I like it when Rossi and Burgess said something along the lines of.. they will have that Ducati figured out in 90 seconds by turning g a few clickers.:crackup::crackup::dead:

Yea that worked out great for them.

eggfooyoung, Rico888 and Phl218 like this.
  6. I knew this one was coming. :D

I saw this thread earlier and almost said the same thing in the first response, but I wanted to wait and see how long before this one came up, because I figured this is probably the first one that pops up in many people's minds. It was pretty damn funny. :crackup:

I mean, how many people in the world can actually get away with shitting on Rossi's in regards to something about riding? That is what makes it so awesome. Very rarely does someone actually get a golden opportunity to take a jab at Rossi like that, and he took full advantage of it. While he might be a crybaby, he won the media/internet/universe that day. :D

SGVRider and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

None of those quotes were from an actual press conference, but carry on with the hate :D

One of my favorites actually came from Lorenzo when he was describing his relationship with Dani Pedrosa over the years. It was something along the lines of "years ago we hated each other, now we're much better, and maybe in a few years we'll get married".

Another good one (not for it's humor) was at Catalunya when Rossi and Marquez buried the hatchet and talked about it during the post race press conference. That was a much needed glimmer of positivity during a tragic weekend.

8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

When Rossi and The Emperor had a little stairway spat and the presser asked Biaggi why there was blood on his face.

"It was a mosquito."

Potts N Pans likes this.
  9. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

From what I remember:

Rossi: They act like a bunch of children

Lorenzo: I wonder how it feels to get beat by a bunch of children

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:You and RWD should go cry it out. You both seem a bit sensitive to stuff that puts your hero in a negative light, even when it is true.
    A personal favorite is a Rossi quote when he was asked to describe Marquez in 3 words. "Little fucking bastard":crackup::crackup:

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's a bit unfair. TGO might like himself some Rossi slurping but he is usually smart enough to know when he's embarrassing himself and when to let go of the royal shaft. Unlike members of the Dung family, he will not go down with that thing in his throat. So the comparison is not totally accurate. :D

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Haga....."Theeese bike is sheeeet"

13. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

GP Reporter "How did you win that race?"

Spies (with a smirk) "Methodically."

14. MotoGP1199

MotoGP1199 Well-Known Member

Not sure if it was a press conference but they asked Rossi what he would need to beat Casey Stoner at the 2008 Laguna Seca race and he said something like "A 30 second start or a gun." Then Rossi ends up winning that race. The entire race was great to watch.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

16. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Just pointing out the facts. Oh and FYI, that Rossi quote didn't come from a press conference either ;)

crashman likes this.
  17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Press conferences would be alot more entertaining if more people were like Edwards. The political correctness and sponsor jerkoff gets tiresome fast. I know that sponsors need recognition but if the talk was more entertaining more people would watch interviews and hear when sponsors are mentioned. I guess at least it isn't as bad as SX and MX...

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  18. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

It's not a comment, but the steely, piercing gaze of a displeased Eddie Lawson is legend from journalists who upset him back in the day. Some swore that he was trying to immolate them.