1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faux brick panels

Discussion in 'General' started by Mud Whistle, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

Planning to finishing my shop shop interior with faux brick panels like this (4' x 8' embossed hardboard). Was at BW3's in Hammond, IN and the interior was finished with a very good lucking faux brick panel that was probably 5-6' x 2-3' with the bricks running across the the 5-6' length. I've searched for those panels with no luck so I'm tapping the all knowing Beeb. Anybody know where to find those panels?

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Maybe Lowes? :D

3. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that all BW3s have a single supplier that they use to keep the interior finishes looking consistent across the network. A search found the plans for a store being remodeled and there is a reference to Vintage Brick Alexandria Buff in the Interior Finish Schedule. A search for Vintage Brick Alexandria Buff led me here. May want to contact them to find out where to buy it.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What's the Psi of those boards? Don't want to overload your truck.

As for where to get them, hell if I know. Did you call TJ at Rider's Discount? He's got the hook up on all the cool shit.

Murcielago311 likes this.
  5. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

If he's smart and a good planner, the PSI of the boards won't matter. Prior to picking them up, he'll HOPEFULLY remove all 67,737 lbs of air and leave it in his driveway to make room for the panels.

Sabre699 and Steeltoe like this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The Lowe's panels will have a tough to hide joint every 48". The ones I linked will be better at hiding joints, but they are more expensive and harder to work...well crap...I didn't get the link posted. https://fauxdirect.com/product-category/bricks/

7. brex

brex Well-Known Member

What is BW3?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck.

Since I know you'll ask, Weck is a type of bread roll.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Pit Beef is better than Beef on Weck.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Eh, they're all different and all good if that's what is in front of me. Kind of like I prefer my Italian Beefs dry (not dipped) and hot I will gladly have one wet or even juicy and sweet...

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And another thread turns to the food side.

Sabre699 likes this.
  12. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

:eek:

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Never heard of it referred to with the weck.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They changed it long long ago. I remember it from the first one I saw in Cincy which was mid to late 80's.

eggfooyoung likes this.
  15. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

They dropped the weck from the name about 20 years ago. BW3 was a college staple in Morgantown, WV. The business is quite a success story. From Ohio State college hangout to international franchise.

16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

But can you cook pizzas with those bricks more than once?

Phl218 likes this.
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

uhmm....No. And I would probably pass on the first batch, unless you like petrochemical infused pepperoni.

18. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Is there any other kind?

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member