1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fasteners For GSXR Upper

Discussion in 'Tech' started by JRA, Dec 16, 2009.

1. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

I know I saw a link recently to a fastener that will work with the upper on the newer GSXR's. On the back of the stock upper fairing where it snaps into the rubber grommet in the frame. I know somebody makes fastener for race bodywork for this location. I searched but couldn't find it. Anybody got a link?

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The appropriate sized well nut will do it. Or zip tie to the frame if its track skins.

3. 7-FITTY

7-FITTY Well-Known Member

+ 1 I used a nut-set aka well nut on mine

4. Dezy

Dezy Well-Known Member

John, my attack body work came with a nice arrow shaped dowel that can be bolted onto the body work. You could also use it on the tail where is would hook into the grommet under the seat.

5. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

I've been using well nuts but I'm looking for a little better solution. I know I've seen a special fastener for this specific application.

6. tunp

tunp Well-Known Member

I know these are out there
    Go to www.optimalracing.com and look under accessories. They have some spacers that are made for that application for $10.

7. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

That's what I'm looking for. I don't think those are the exact ones that I had seen previously but those will work. Thanks!:up:

8. craigcoble2000

craigcoble2000 Well-Known Member

I think what you are looking for is made by SHARKSKINZ. Also, E-Racing, not sure if they are still in business anymore, used to make them.